Chapter 18

One of the things that made him uncomfortable lately was Yasuhiro's phone call he got the other day.

Actually, to say that Kiyotaka was uncomfortable would be an understatement.

-

Kiyotaka's phone was ringing. Who could it be?

"Hello?"

"Hey, Taka," Yasuhiro's gruff voice said.

"What is it, Hagakure?" Yasuhiro rarely called him like this.

"I don't want to make you panic or anything but-" he paused before continuing, "I'm.. kinda worried about you."

He raised an eyebrow, "..Why would you be?"

"I just had a prediction that something's.. bad is going to happen to you."

"..Prediction?"

"Look, I don't know the details about what's going to happen but I just have a bad feeling. Just stay safe, okay?"

-

If it was any other person, he would've ignored it. But this was Yasuhiro. That man's job revolved around predicting things.

And what worried him more was how Mondo had been acting even weirder lately. He seemed angrier. Every time they walk home from campus together, he would glare at people who even looked at Kiyotaka the wrong way.

He was a bit scared of Mondo at times. No matter how much he loved the android, he would sometimes have a sinking feeling that the prediction Yasuhiro talked about would be involving Mondo.

Especially after Kiyotaka had found one of Mondo's clothes reek of-

Kiyotaka shook his head before shoving the fried rice Mondo had cooked for him into his mouth. He should stop worrying about the future. It would do nothing good if he were to worry too much.

He also shouldn't focus on Mondo's negative traits. Mondo had helped a lot in helping Kiyotaka take care of the house and himself. The robot seemed to have also taken a liking to carving out intricate patterns on Kiyotaka's furniture. All of them were really pretty.

Kiyotaka smiled at the thought of how the android's eyes would turn to a beautiful shade of pink whenever he complimented the carvings.

"Will you come home on time?" Mondo, who was sitting across Kiyotaka spoke up out of the blue, stopping his train of thought.

"Oh? Um- no. I don't think I can guarantee that," he answered before continuing to eat his breakfast.

Mondo frowned, his eyes turning blue, "Is it because you hate me?"

Kiyotaka furrowed his eyebrows at the assumption, "Of course not. That would be ridiculous, Mondo." He stood up while carrying his now empty plate and walked over to where Mondo was sitting.

"I would never hate you. You're the person I cared for the most," he said before placing a reassuring peck on Mondo's forehead.

When he pulled away, he saw Mondo's eyes had turned into the brightest pink he had ever seen. Kiyotaka giggled and went to place the plate in the sink.

But then, Mondo abruptly stood up and grabbed Kiyotaka's wrist. The shorter boy turned to look at him.

"You called me a person?!" he shouted with sparks flying out of the back of his neck.

Kiyotaka flinched at the volume. "S-sorry. You just act a lot like a human to me-"

The android pulled him into a kiss. Caught off guard, Kiyotaka instinctively pushed himself away from the kiss.