i

"Your highness!" Namjoon sighed as he turned to look around. He paused to let the knight catch up to him.

"Yes, Jungkook." Jungkook caught up, trying to cover up his breathlessness as they headed down the corridor.

"Good afternoon!" he said enthusiastically. Namjoon smiled and nodded. "Well, your highness, I was just wondering if maybe I could leave a little earlier today--"

"I'm not in charge of that, Jeon," Namjoon said, taking a swift turn as Jungkook ran up behind him again.

"Your highness!" someone called from down the hall. Namjoon turned and the other boy bowed. Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Park Jimin, your highness."

"Yes, I'm aware."

"Good afternoon." Namjoon returned the greeting as Jimin joined them. Jungkook crossed his arms in frustration. "Oh, hello, Jeon."

"Park." They nodded at each other. Namjoon sighed and kept walking.

"You were saying, Jungkook?"

"Oh, were you telling him about the dilemma with the horses earlier?" Jungkook swallowed as he glared at Jimin behind the prince's back.

"The horses?"

"Mhm, Jeon here, was practicing his kicks and--"

"I didn't mean to, your highness-- and she's okay--"

"--hit the horse." Jungkook wanted to crawl into a hole. "The horse is fine."

"Well, thank goodness for that," Namjoon said with a nod. The boys nodded and stared at each other. "Jungkook?"

"Oh, yes, so I thought I would ask you as well, sir." Namjoon smiled. "It's-- it's my birthday, you see, and my girlfriend--"

"Happy birthday, Sir Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook beamed and bowed as Jimin chuckled.

"Thank you!" Namjoon stopped in front of the room he was approaching-- his brother's. Jungkook stopped as well. "And well, she wanted to go to dinner, so I was hoping--"

"Have a lovely dinner then, Kook." Jungkook beamed once more, blushing a little, as his highness used his nickname.

"Ye-yes, thank you, your highness." Jimin laughed again and shook his head as Jungkook most literally began to blush.

"Happy birthday, Jeon." Jungkook stopped smiling at Namjoon as he turned to Jimin.

"Thanks." Namjoon smiled and gestured down the hall.

"You two can get going then-- lead him out, hm?" Jimin nodded and bowed.

"I can find my way," Jungkook said politely to the prince. "You should get back anyway-- you're still suspended for--" Jimin cut Jungkook off.

"Don't you have to go to your girlfriend?" Namjoon chuckled.

"That's enough, you guys-- be off then, Jimin, I'm sure you'll be needed somewhere as Jungkook will be leaving." Jungkook beamed as Jimin bowed once more and headed down the hall. "And you wouldn't want to be late for your date, would you?" Jungkook grinned.

"No, your highness, thank you." Namjoon nodded and Jungkook was just about to leave as the door they were in front of opened.

Jungkook took a step back as Namjoon sighed as his brother left his room. "Yoongi," Namjoon acknowledged. Yoongi nodded as Jungkook bowed.

"What's all of the noise for?" he asked, voice low and bothered. Jungkook shook his head rapidly, a hand on his sword by instinct.

"Nothing, your highness-- I was just asking Prince Namjoon if I could leave early for my birthd--"