xxxx

"She's still here," you whispered.

"Hm?" You pointed to see doe still where you'd walked by her before. Yoongi's eyebrows raised.

"Come." He frowned as you pulled him by the hand to her. You held your free hand to her and when she came closer you let go of Yoongi's hand. He looked down at it. "Go."

"I'll scare her."

"You won't." You took his wrist and brought it up to her. The doe leaned into him and he looked to you. You smiled and you set his hand on her head to pet her. "Isn't she pretty?"

"Yeah," he whispered. You smiled and turned when you heard footsteps behind you.

"Oh my gosh." A baby deer walked up to you and you gasped, crouching down. "Aren't you adorable?"

Yoongi stopped petting the doe as he looked at you, playing with the fawn. He swallowed hard as you stood back up, the fawn walking back to her mother. "They're small," he said. You nodded.

"I saw a deer once," you said. "A-- buck, is it?" He nodded. "Yeah, antlers and all-- with Taehyung. It was really big."

"Yeah, I saw too." You gave him a small smile and you carried on with your path home. He let out a sigh when you didn't say anything. "Are you upset?"

"I'm fine." He was quiet for a moment.

"Don't be upset," he whispered. "It isn't your fault."

"What isn't my fault?"

"That you're the queen and everything." You didn't say anything. "I don't think you wanted to be."

"I didn't."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay." He looked down at you and you shrugged, taking his hand. His breath hitched in his throat as you kept walking. "Can I ask you a question?" He looked at a bunny, running in the snow, leaving its footprints behind.

"Yeah."

"Why'd you pick me?" He looked down. "To-- to marry."

"What?"

"At your ball-- there were many other, other women there." He didn't say anything. "And if you'd married a princess maybe you wouldn't have been through all of this trouble."

"What trouble?" You gestured to his arm. He sighed. "And just-- just all of it, with what they all said and--"

"That was on my part," he said, interrupting you. "If I didn't have this scar then they wouldn't have said anything at all." You didn't say anything. "And this-- my arm was-- was for Tucker."

"What happened?" you asked him, feeling as if maybe he was ready to talk about it now. Yet, he still hadn't answered your first question.

"I was-- I don't know," he whispered. You squeezed his hand and he looked down. "I was just sitting there and-- he was picking up Tucker and I pulled him off."

He was quiet for a moment. "And then?" He shrugged.

"I pushed him off and picked up the baby and he-- stabbed me in the shoulder, I think." You stared. "He kicked me forward and I was on the floor."

"Oh, Yoongi."

"Esther was-- hiding behind the rocking chair so I don't-- I don't think he saw her but she was okay." You stared. "She went and got Jin hyung and Hoseok." You nodded.

"She did."

"I was just-- it was," he took in a breath before continuing, "it was what happened to me." You stopped walking.