xxiii

an// this first was supposed to be in the previous chapter but it got waaaaaay too long so i had to separate them :( but yes, anyway this is just a continuation of that scene. i don't normally write like this so i thought i'd mention it so people wouldn't get confused :)

~

"I should go." He smiled. "Even if I can, I shouldn't make him wait."

"I'd invite you both in for dinner but all I have is that." He gestured to his sandwich and you shook your head.

"We're good." He chuckled and walked you to the door. "Is he there?"

"Yep." You slipped on your flats and sighed. "I'll get to be there for the crowning, right?" You shrugged.

"No idea, but you better be allowed to be." He smiled and kissed your head. "See you."

"See you." You waved and he opened the door. Yoongi looked up and stood straight as you stepped out, waving back to Taehyung. "Nice seeing you, hyung-- I'd invite you in but I don't have much to eat," he said with a laugh. Yoongi shook his head.

"That's alright." You joined him and took your bag back from your husband. "Are you done?" he asked you. You nodded. "Alright."

"Bye," you said to Taehyung. He nodded and waved as you left the house, walking down the street. You didn't say anything to Yoongi and thankfully, he spoke first.

"Are you okay?" You nodded. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright." You sighed. "Do we have to?" He looked at you and you turned to face him.

"Have to what?"

"Be crowned." He stared at you, eyes scanning over your face.

"Yeah." You nodded. "I don't want to be crowned either." You didn't say anything.

"Yeah." You looked down, lowering your gaze. "I just wish I'd known before." You watched him play with his fingers.

"Sorry."

"Did you know before?" You looked up and his eyes met yours. You tried to look at his eyes instead of the scar over one of them.

"Would you have agreed to marry me if you knew?" You didn't say anything. "That's why we got married in the first place."

"So you'd have a queen."

You stood in silence for a moment and before he knew it, his arms were around your shoulders, pulling you close. Your eyes widened as your hands grabbed the side of his coat.

"Sorry."

---

"Good evening, your highness," Jungkook said, bowing. You waved as you headed up the steps. He ran to your side. "Y/N!"

"Yes, Kook?"

"Are you okay?" You paused at the entryway as Yoongi continued inside. Jungkook smiled.

"I'm okay." He smiled and hugged you anyway. He was so sweet. "How's Cooky?"

"She's much better," he said with a smile. "She still doesn't wanna train, though."

"Give her some time." He nodded. Jimin was heading over now, his hair flopping around.

"Heya, princess." You waved. "Soon to be... queen." Jungkook grinned at you.

"Are you excited?" he asked, clearly excited himself. "I'm going to be friends with the queen!" You gave him a small smile.

"Pretty crazy, huh?" Jimin sighed.