xiii

You looked around. You were lucky you didnt have much-- you weren't sure where you would put it. Your clothes were already hanging next to his in the closet bigger than your old bedroom. And you'd piled your sewing stuff in a corner of the room. The very big room.

Swallowing as you stood, you slipped into your pyjamas. Even changing in this foreign place felt weird. They were the nicest ones you owned snd you weren't exactly sure what was gonna happen when Yoongi walked through the door but you sure as hell hoped it would just be sleeping.

And you were right.

You turned as the door finally opened and met his eye. It'd been hours since you'd last seen him at lunch after the wedding. You'd had to sit next to each other, as expected but didn't say a word.

Throughout the wedding found yourself glancing a Taehyung, hoping he'd come over to make it all better but of course, he couldn't do that. And he seemed to refuse to look at you; it reminded him too much that you were no longer going to be home waiting for him sith strawberry pie when he returned from work.

You'd spent the afternoon trying to sort out the things that Taehyung and Jimin had brought over for you from your old home. Again, the fact that you didnt have much only meant they needed two trips but it still took you a long time to figure out what and what you couldn't touch in this room. Thus leaving you to do what you did with your sewing supplies.

He was a no-show at dinner as well. It was as if he'd disappeared right after lunch to never be seen again. You almost found yourself hoping that. Namjoon told you over the most filling meal you'd ever eaten that your husband sometimes chose to eat on his own and that this was normal.

You shouldn't take it personally, he said.

Yoongi looked away and said nothing as he closed the door behind him and headed to the bathroom. You swallowed as you ran your fingertips over his bookcase. They weren't filled with books-- or books you read, anyway. More so journals or notebooks of some sort.

"Don't touch those." You gasped, taking a quick step back. He was back in the room now, a toothbrush in his mouth as he buttoned up what looked like pyjamas.

"Sorry." He shook his head and headed back into the bathroom.

You stepped into the middle of the room, standing on the carpet as you waited for him to return. You weren't sure what to do-- it was your wedding night but this was far from the usual wedding.

He did come back, now clean and free of his toothbrush. You watched as he neared you. You blinked as he looked at you for a moment. Naturally, your eyes went to his scar. He walked past you and to the bed. You turned.

"Where--"

He picked up one of the pillows and set it on the couch in the room. You stared. He headed to the closet and quickly returned with a plaid blanket. He set it with the pillow. "Here," he mumbled. Your face fell.

"Oh."

You both stood there before you nodded. You walked to the couch and he finally showed some emotion on his face.

Confusion.

"What are you doing?" he asked. You looked up at him.

"I thought--"

"You can sleep on the right side if you want," he mumbled, tugging the pillow on the left side of the bed to fill the space of the one he'd taken. You frowned. He stared at you. "Or the middle."

"You want me to sleep there?" you asked, pointing to the bed. He looked a little confused again. "But where are you-- you're going to sleep here?" you asked, voice lowering as you neared the end of the sentence while gesturing to the couch. He sat down on it, disregarding your question. You swallowed and stared.