v

an// hi guys! i don't know if many people are reading this or not but that's okay, im thankful for whoever is reading (: if you like it i'd love it if you voted to help with wattpad's algorithm so this book can grow a little more <3

~

So you carried on with your dress. It was looking quite nice-- perhaps one of the best you'd ever made. And it was looking pretty good for what you'd used to make it.

When you finally decided to try it on, it wasn't fully done yet-- almost there. You hadn't done the ties at the back so it was hanging loose and you still had to figure out if you wanted straps on the shoulders or not.

So you'd been doing just that when the doorbell rang. "Tae-- it's probably Mrs. Lanford-- can you get it?" You slipped into the dress, hobbling over to your mirror.

"Yeah, one sec!" You'd been talking to your neighbour in the morning over some tea and she'd said her grandkids were coming over and she'd be baking with them. So why would you expect anything but an elderly woman with strawberry pie at your doorstep on a Wednesday afternoon?

You couldn't hear her speak to Taehyung-- just the door close and him letting her in. Once you'd gotten into the dress, you hobbled outside, a hand pressed to the fabric at your chest so it wouldn't fall.

"Mrs. Lanford-- do you think this would look better with or without straps-- I was actually thinking off the shoulder but I thought I'd get your op--" Your jaw dropped to see that the man in your living room was not your neighbour.

You held eye contact with him for a moment before he quickly looked away. You looked up at Taehyung with wide eyes and he gestured to your door. You quickly ran back in, shutting it behind you.

You slid down the back of it as your eyes shut. Why? Why did this have to happen to you?

You got up eventually and dressed in your regular clothes before opening the door carefully to poke your head out the doorway. Yoongi began to turn, hands in his pockets so you came out quickly.

You nodded at him, curtseying a little and he nodded. "What brings you here, your highness?"

"You don't have to call me that," he said, voice flat. You didn't respond. "They said you didn't want a dress." Taehyung looked at you, arms crossed.

"Well, I was just-- just going to make my own dress," you said, voice really quiet. He looked back at your closed room door. "That's why I didn't need a--"

"Was that the dress?" You swallowed and nodded. "Hm."

"I can," you began quickly, "come in if it isn't formal enough--"

"It's fine." You stared at him. "I just thought they-- yes." Your eyebrows raised a little and he headed to your front door. Taehyung quickly followed.

"Did you want anything to dri--"

"I'm good-- I'll be off now, thank you." Taehyung bowed and Yoongi waved him off, quickly heading out. Your neighbours had come out to see what was up and you turned red as he got back into the carriage parked across from your front door. You made eye contact with him as it was pulled away.

"You were half-dressed!" Taehyung exclaimed as he shut the door. You dropped onto the couch, face in your hands.

"How was I supposed to know it was him?" Taehyung rubbed his forehead. "Oh my gosh, that was so embarrassing."

Taehyung laughed and you rolled your eyes, pulling your feet up onto the couch and your forehead to your knees. "It'll be fine."

"I'm such an idiot-- why did he have to come, he could've sent a letter," you whined. "Oh god."