xxvii

"Morning," you called out, walking in. "Taehyung!"

You heard a groan come from his room and smiled as you knocked. "Y/N?"

"Wake up!" You heard a sigh before a dishevelled Taehyung opened his room door.

"What are you doing here?" You gave him a quick hug. "Y/N?"

"I'm baking a pie in the kitchen, okay?" His eyes lit up as he followed you there. "Do you have everything for pie?"

"Pro-ly not," he mumbled, dropping into a chair. "Why here?"

"Because this is my house?" He gave you a small smile. "The palace kitchen's been used all day to prepare for the ball tonight." He nodded. "You coming?" He shook his head.

"Work." You nodded and he leaned down against the table. "How's it going?" You shrugged.

"Okay." He smiled. "He's really cute-- he rarely cries too."

"The prince?" You smiled as Taehyung yawned, crossing his arms. "Tucker, hm? Yeah, he's pretty cute. Saw him at your crowning ceremony." You nodded.

You pulled out a pan to use before turning to him. "I thought you'd have everything-- I need to go get ingredients now." He smiled and stood, pushing himself up with his palms.

"I'm not coming." You pouted. "Y/N."

"Taehyung."

He got dressed and ready for the day in a few minutes. "You better have breakfast."

"I brought you muffins from the palace!" You gave him one and you headed out.

"You really could've gone alone," he mumbled, rubbing his eye with his fist. You walked ahead of him.

"But I'm the queen." He raised his eyebrows. "Okay, it's really annoying going out, Taehyung." He frowned.

"Because you're the queen?"

"Well, because I'm the king's wife." He rolled his eyes. "Stop, you know what I mean."

"Yeah, people at work say garbage too," he whispered. "Not gonna lie, I've gotten suspended a few times for hitting some people." You gasped.

"Tae." He shrugged, hands in his pockets. You turned into the market and people blinked as if they couldn't believe they were seeing you. People you used to talk to daily were now simply shocked by your presence. You waved and they bowed. "See," you whispered. Tae shrugged.

"Do they bother you?"

"Not always," you said honestly. "If I go somewhere, I take Kook or Jimin with me." He nodded. "But they just ask so many questions, you know?" He smiled.

"If you were a little more intimidating, they wouldn't ask you anything." You rolled your eyes and he chuckled. You headed up to get flour with him right behind you.

"Good morning, your highness." You smiled.

"Good morning." You handed her your list and she got the things you needed, organizing them neatly in your basket. You looked to Taehyung and he blinked, still eating his muffin. "Thank you." You took your basket back and went to pay.

"No, no, it's alright, your majesty." You frowned. "It's an honour to just have you here." You shook your head and set the money down on the counter. "Thank you, your highness-- would you mind if I ask you a question?"

"What do you need?" Taehyung sighed and you kicked him in the shin.

"Is the king okay?" Your shoulders slumped. Of course. "Because-- well, I've heard many things about the prince and the kingdom isn't--"