xvi

"Y/N!" you frowned as you looked around the room. Yoongi looked up from his book and you made eye contact. "Y/N!"

"Outside," Yoongi mumbled, flipping the page. You rubbed in the rest of your moisturizer before walking to the door to open it.

"Y/N-- hi!" You smiled.

"Hey, Kook, what are you doing?" Jungkook grinned as he began to tug off his coat for you, leaving him in a crisp, white button-up. Yoongi appeared behind you and Jungkook bowed.

"Good evening, your majesty!" Yoongi frowned as Jungkook handed you the coat. You smiled, draping it over your arm. He handed you something else and you smiled.

"Where'd you get this?" He beamed as you held the ring of dandelions carefully.

"I found it in the grass and I knew it was yours."

"Thank you," you said with a small laugh. You looked around. "No Jimin?"

"Park had to go home early today." You nodded. "He said to tell you goodnight."

"Wow, he said that without biting your head off?" Jungkook rolled his eyes and Yoongi cleared his throat the slightest behind you. Jungkook stood straighter.

"I shall head home now," he said. You nodded and smiled.

"Goodnight, Kook." He waved and bowed once more.

"Goodnight!"

Once he'd run down the stairs, you turned and closed the door once again. You smoothed out the fabric of his coat before looking at the area he said you could embroider.

Yoongi had returned to his couch and spoke without looking up. "He rolled his eyes at you." Your hand paused as you reached for your small piece of chalk.

"Oh--"

"You're a princess," he continued, head slipping back to the conversation he'd had with his brother earlier that day. "Should show more respect." You frowned.

"He's my friend," you said, swallowing. Yoongi looked up at you and you held his gaze. "We're equals."

"Hm." You turned away and continued to look for your sharpest needle. You sighed, sitting on the ground, sifting through your things. Yoongi looked up again. "What are you doing?"

You blinked at the wall in front of you, nor wanting him to see the red flush in your cheeks. "Looking for a needle."

"It's almost ten." You turned to look at the time. "You should sleep."

"I want to start this first." You found the needle you were looking for before digging through another tin for gold embroidery floss. You'd simply stitch on the initials JK and see how he liked it. If he wanted more, you could do more.

You stood with your things and his eyes fell back down to his book. You'd gotten used to your sleeping arrangement and he always made sure things were all set in the mornings before the maids came to clean.

No one suspected a thing.

You sat in bed and began to work on your stitching. It felt a little different-- the sheets not as tightly pulled like they usually were. Not caring too much, you looked up. Yoongi was sitting on the other side of the couch today and this allowed you to see him perfectly, just by looking up. Which is how you caught him constantly watching you stitch.

You figured this would be a good time to ask. "Hey," you said quietly.

"Hm."

"I was wondering where I could put my sewing machine." Yoongi looked up. "It's over there and I can't really use it on the floor. Since I'm here all of the time I was hoping I could--"