xxxxi

an// and the very last chapter before the epilogue <3 [if you haven't checked out my jimin and jungkook fics, please do!]

~

Jungkook rubbed at his eyes. "Will that wake me up?" You looked to the teapot.

"There's caffeine, yes."

He pointed and you smiled, pouring him a cup of tea as he set his empty banana milk bottle down. "Are you tired?"

"Yeah."

"You should've stayed home for a few weeks longer," you whispered, rubbing his shoulder as you stirred the sugar in. 

Jimin rolled his eyes. "No, it's better that he's here." You and Jungkook both looked at him. "Not-- not that I want him here! It's just better for J/W and Layla." Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"I bet they miss me." 

"I bet they don't."

"I know they do--"

"Okay, let's not tire Jungkook out even more." The boys glared at each other and Jungkook let out a yawn. "You didn't sleep much, Kook?" He shrugged.

"J/W fed her and fell asleep but she wouldn't sleep so I was up with her for a long time." You pouted. "I think we fell asleep at around 3 or 4 though; j/w said we were on the cou--"

"On the couch-- what if she'd fallen off?" Jimin asked, sitting on the edge of his seat. "What if you dropped her, you idi--"

"Why would I drop her-- I'm her dad--"

"And as her uncle, I'd rather you keep her alive for more than a month long--"

"I'm not going to drop her, you prick--"

"Guys," you sighed, butting in. "Enough." They stared down at their teacups. "Let's talk about something else-- all that's been happening is babies recently." Jimin sat up straighter.

"I went on a date," he said. Your eyes widened.

"Did you really?" He nodded. "An actual date?"

"Yes, we didn't go to her place afterwards." You nodded.

"Did you go to your place then?" Jungkook asked. Jimin glared.

"No, you piece of crap, we didn't." You looked at Jimin for details. "She was nice-- we met at the Christmas tree farm." You smiled.

"You got a tree?" He nodded.

"Yeah for my new place since--" he stopped talking. Jungkook frowned.

"You moved?" Jimin nodded. "When?"

"Last week."

"Oh." They were quiet for a moment. "I could've helped." Jimin shrugged.

"It was fine." You interrupted.

"The girl?" Jimin smiled.

"Yes, she helped me pick one." He sipped his tea. "Then I asked her out."

"Wow." Jungkook frowned, turning again.

"Why did you move?" Jimin sighed.

"Because."

"Did you sell your house?" Jungkook thought for a moment. "Who bought your house?"

"No one," Jimin muttered. "My parents live there." Jungkook nodded, not phased by this at all.

"So where'd you move?" Jimin recited the intersection. "You moved that far away-- how did you get all your stu--"

"You aren't going to give me crap for living with my parents?" Jimin asked, confused. You sighed.