xviii

"A carriage, your highness?" Yoongi looked down at you as the guard spoke.

"Oh, I was just gonna walk but we can get in one if y--"

"We'll walk," Yoongi said firmly. The guards nodded and stepped aside for you to head down.

The first few minutes of walking were silent. It was by the time you'd just left the premises of the palace that you decided to break it. If you were going to really seriously be married to him for the rest of your life, you weren't going to live it in silence.

You'd at least try.

"What should we get them?" You looked up at Yoongi who frowned.

"Who?"

"N/W and Namjoon." He raised an eyebrow. "For the shower?"

"You have to get presents?" You smiled as you stepped over a snail.

"Have you never been to a baby shower before?" He shook his head. "Well, maybe they'll come up with a registry and we can just pick something from there."

"Registry," he repeated. You smiled.

"You'll see." You'd been to plenty of baby showers over the years, living in the village. But you'd never been to one held in a palace and you knew it'd be that much more exciting.

"Does he live on his own now?" Your eyebrows raised as you kicked a small pebble with the toe of your flat. You didn't think he'd be one to make conversation.

"Yeah; it was just us two before so now that I'm gone it's just him there." Yoongi nodded. Not knowing where to take this conversation, you stayed silent to see if he'd speak. He didn't. "I was going to visit some of my friends in the village," you whispered. He looked down at you.

"Friends?"

"Yes," you said with a nod. "We don't have to go." He shrugged.

"I don't care." You nodded and you kept walking.

"They aren't, like, my age," you clarified. He looked at you, confused. "They're children." He pulled a face. Seemed as if your husband did not have a soft spot for kids like you'd hoped he would.

"How are you friends with children?"

"I hung out with them a lot," you said with a nod, moving the basket to your other arm once it became tired. "I also used to teach embroidery to some of them a few times a week."

"Teach them?" You shrugged. "You don't anymore?" You shook your head.

You both walked in a comfortable silence for a while. It was nice. It wasn't like the awkward silence that sometimes arose at night. Or the uncomfortable silence you experience when around other people. This was-- rather pleasant.

You turned into your street and looked at him. "I can hold it now," you sighed, reaching for your basket of pie. He shook his head.

"I can do it." You nodded and almost skipped in excitement to see Taehyung kneeling in your neighbour's front yard. When he looked up to see you, he broke into a grin and you ran towards him, leaving Yoongi behind.

"Y/N?" You laughed as Taehyung stood. You wrapped your arms around his torso and he chuckled, unable to hug you back properly. He held his hands away from you as you pulled away.

"I don't care about dirt, Tae," you said with a smile, reaching up to kiss him on the cheek. He pushed his hair away from his face with the back of his hand.

"What are you doing here?" you turned to see Yoongi standing by Mrs. Lanford's gate, basket still in his arms. Taehyung nodded at him, earning a nod. "Good afternoon, hyung."