xxiv

"Your majesty!" You buttoned your last button before heading to the door to open it.

"Good morning." Celeste smiled at you before handing you a letter. "For me or...?"

"Yes, it was sent by your brother, I believe." You grinned and nodded, thanking her.

She closed the door as she left and you dropped to the couch, carefully unsealing the envelope. And she was right; your brother's handwriting stared back at you as you read.

"Hyung?" You were in the middle of reading it when there was a knock on your room door. When you didn't respond, Namjoon opened it. "Hyung-- y/n, have you seen Yoo-"

"Oh, gosh," you sighed, shoulders slumping. Namjoon made his way over.

"What's wrong?"

"Things are terrible out there, aren't they?" Namjoon stared at you as you handed him the letter you'd been so excited to read.

He scanned over it and sighed. Taehyung had told you about the things he'd heard people saying about Yoongi becoming king. Of course, it was really a shock for everyone that this was happening but the way they were reacting was not pleasant at all.

Rumours had spread back when Yoongi was young about his childhood. About how he'd gotten kidnapped, held for ransom. How he's suffered from multiple head injuries. How he's mentally ill and of course, a plethora of stories about how he'd earned that scar of his. And because no one, especially not Yoongi himself, had ever corrected or denied any of those rumours, people chose to believe what they wanted.

And now, that was that he was going to be a terrible king.

"Where is he?" you asked. Namjoon shrugged and looked around.

"He didn't wake up with you?" You shook your head.

"He always gets up earlier than I do." Namjoon nodded and ran a hand through his hair, handing you your letter back.

"I'll go look for him-- I'm going to head outside." You nodded but stopped him before he could leave.

"What's going to happen?" Namjoon shrugged.

"You're being crowned the day after the next," he said, laying it out for you. "And either we convince people that things will be okay, or we, well, I don't know." You sighed and he shrugged. "I'm sure it'll all work out, things are just tough right now."

"I know."

"Has he talked about anything?" You shook your head. "It'll be fine." He gave you a smile. "Don't worry about it too much, okay?"

He headed out and you paced around your room before heading down too. You could look for him as well; it isn't like he'd have gone very far in such a short period of time. Right? He couldn't have left the castle.

Hopefully, he hadn't because nowhere in the village seemed all that welcoming.

"Hey?" you knocked on his study. "Yoongi?" You sighed and waited for a moment before trying again. "Are you in there?"

"Hey." You turned to see him come out of the room opposite from where you were standing. Yoongi shut the door behind him locking it. You glanced at it. "What?"

"Are you okay?" He walked past you and down the hallway. "Namjoon's looking for you."

"I'm going." You swallowed before running after him. He pushed his hair off of his forehead.

"Yoongi?"

"What?"

"Are you okay?" He nodded and you opened your mouth to argue but were cut off.