The Train

Your POV

I was shocked when I heard Peeta's name get reaped. I knew that only one of us could come out so I tried to cherish the possible last moments I could spend with him. We had a week to get ready for the games (not counting the train ride). I had said my goodbyes to Katniss, my sisters and parents, and Gale. Peeta and I were about to board the train to the Capitol. We had no words when boarding. Even if we wanted to talk we wouldn't because Effie and everyone else would hear us. We boarded the train and met our mentor, Haymich. He wasn't very friendly and I hated that he called me sweetheart. Peeta tried talking strategy with him but he was too caught up in his giant bottle of alcohol to inform us on anything. When we sat for dinner I slipped Peeta a piece of paper to talk after dinner. He saw it and nodded his head. After dinner I excused myself and went to my broom. A few minutes later, my door opened and Peeta  waked in. He sat on my bed and I sunk my head into his chest. We sat there in silence for a little bit before I spoke up. "How about we let the week pass and when the time comes, we figure everything out." "That sounds good. I have to tell you something though." "Yeah?"

Peeta POV

I have to do it now. If I wait until the arena, one of us might die before I get the chance to tell her. We might even lose each other if we go different directions.

I took a deep breath. Y/n looked confused. I finally worked up the courage. "Y/n, I have a c-" I was interrupted by Haymich. " Your training times are at 10 tomorrow. Let's talk about all the tributes. I sigh. Y/n looks at me and I shrug and flash a crooked smile. She smiles back and we give Haymich a look of approval to fill us in. " okay. District one, Marvel and Glimmer. They're part of the careers and may not look like much of a threat, but they're all about the sneak attack." Haymich shows us a picture of all of the tributes. Cato from district 2 looks the most intimidating and quite frankly, kind of scares me. Haymich remains a ya about the training times before exiting the room. Y/n yawns. " what did you wanna tell me Peeta?" She says before yawning again. "I'll tell you later. You should get some sleep." "Okay. Night." To my surprise, she kissed my cheek but I didn't think anything of it. I just figured that she was worried or felt bad for me. I exited her room wondering if she liked me back but I quickly shook the thought out of my head. Now was not the time because I was going to die in the games anyway.

Your POV

Why did I just do that?! Do I like Peeta?! No. I'm just worried about the games.

I decided to not think about it and go to bed.