Our Last Meal

Peeta POV

Instead of waiting for y/n to wake up before moving, I left the room early in the morning to have a talk with Haymich. "I need you to get her sponsors and protect her as much as you can in there. Since she's with the careers I can't reach her. Please promise to help her as much as possible." "Alright kid. I'll send the sponsors to her and give her all of the important tips." This doesn't remove all of my worries but it's a little reassuring. Before I leave Haymich shows me some last minute tactics for survival and I walk back into my room. Y/n's still asleep. I decided to get back into bed with her and wait until she wakes up.

Your POV

I woke up at 9:00am with Peeta beside me. He was flipping through channels not noticing that I was awake. *yawn* "morning Peeta" "Oh! Morning y/n. Cinna and Portia will be here soon to get us ready for the games." "Okay." We get up and go to breakfast. The chefs have prepared every breakfast food you could imagine. Peeta and I filled up on food since it was our last meal. After breakfast, I hugged Peeta one last time. Cinna was arriving in 20 minutes so I decided to go up to the roof. Once again, I saw Cato when I entered. "Hey" "oh hey there y/n." "Excites for the games?" "Not really. Sure I wanna bring pride to my district but the feeling of winning isn't exactly joyful." I was surprised to hear him say that. His approach is brutal and strong but he seems like he doesn't even wanna win. "Well I have to go. Cinna will be here in a few minutes." "Alright see you in the arena." "See you in there." I went back downstairs to my floor. I thought about what Cato said. I don't know how I would act if I did win. How I'd so selfishly kill to save my own life. As I got down to my floor I saw Cinna talking to Haymich. "Ah. Hello Y/n. We'll get you into your tribute uniform and be off." "Okay. Is it in my room?" "Yes you go change and come back." I go into my room and put on the brown pants, black shirt, and black jacket that Cinna lays out for me. I walk back into the kitchen and Cinna escorts me to the elevator. "Don't be nervous." We reach the tribute tube. "Is there anything I can get you?" "Maybe a glass of water?" "Coming up." He comes back with the water and I sip it slowly.

*Please get your tributes ready to step into the tubes*

I step into the tube and wait. "Listen y/n, if I could bet....I'd bet on you." "Really?" Cinna nods his head.

*ten seconds*

"Good luck y/n" I brace myself as the tube closes. We wave to each other and I'm risen onto a platform. If you step off early, you get blown to bits.

*20 seconds*
19
18
17
16
15
14
13
12
11
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1...