Deveolping Feelings

Cato POV

By this point, I was honestly disgusted by Clove. She always wanted to find tributes to murder and make sure their death was brutal. It's been 1 day in the arena and I'm becoming even more attached to being with y/n. She understands what I'm going through and always knows how to cheer me up. I would do anything to protect her. I also promised her that her and Peeta would would see each other again even if it meant leaving the careers. Clove noticed us developing a closer relationship and she was not happy. Y/n and I would talk when everyone else was asleep. I told her about how my family always expected a lot from me growing up since I was the oldest. She told me that if my parents truly loved me, that they would support me with whatever I wanted to do. She kissed my cheek after she said this, making me blush but I had no idea what was taking control of me when I did this, but I did it. I moved her face over from my cheek to my lips and kissed her. I couldn't believe it but she kissed back.

Your POV

I kissed Cato's cheek like I do with everyone when he pulled my face to his lips, kissing me. I loved Peeta but for some reason, I wanted to kiss Cato. I kissed him back which seemed to surprise him. I could tell he wanted to deepen the kiss (and I kind of wanted to too) but I remembered that the rest of the careers were around us so I pulled away and pointed to the sleeping careers. Cato nodded with a slight smile on his face. I made a tiny smile back. I whispered to him. "What about Clove? Don't you guys like each other?" "Honestly? She kind of disgusts me with her passion for murder. Plus, you're a better kisser anyway." This made me blush but I hid it. I started to feel guilty. I didn't want to lead Cato on even though he knew that Peeta and I were in love with each other. I couldn't chose Cato over Peeta but I think I had some potential feelings for him. I looked over at the careers that I thought were sleeping. Turns out, Clove was awake and saw everything.

Cato POV

I didn't know what to do when I saw Clove staring at me and y/n furiously. I knew that she saw me kiss y/n and I also knew that y/n was in big danger. "WHAT THE HELL CATO I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME" Everyone woke up. "Clove I-" "AND DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON YOU" Clove pointed at y/n. "I INVITED YOU TO THIS PACK ONLY FOR YOU TO KISS THE BOY I LOVE" "Clove Im sorry I wouldn't have kissed him. It just happened." "OH YEAH. WELL YOU CAN LEAVE OUR PACK OR IT MAY JUST HAPPEN THAT I KILL YOU"  "fine." "Wait no!" I yell. "Clove please." "WHY SHOULD I LISTEN TO YOU? YOU JUST CHEATED ON ME!" "I'm just gonna go."

Your POV

I got all my stuff and walked into the woods still hearing Cato yelling after me. I walked by a river where I saw a cave. I was heartbroken when I looked in and saw Peeta crying.