Revoked

Peeta POV

We waited there until y/n yelled, "Are we gonna be taken out of here or what?" The announcements came on and we were stunned when we heard what Claudius said. "Attention tributes. The original rule of two victors has been....revoked. You are the final two now. Good luck." I stared at y/n. "Go ahead. You deserve to leave the arena y/n." "No. I'm not letting you do that." "If you die and I live, I have nobody else who I care about. Nobody needs me." "But...I do. I need you." Y/n comes over to me and whispers really quietly in my ear. "I have an idea. Just go with it okay? Trust me." I nod and she pulls out some berries I know of as nightlock. "Here. Together? On three?" "Together. 1. 2. Thr-" "WAIT STOP STOP. EVERYBODY, THE VICTORS OF THE 74th HUNGER GAMES." I smile. "Clever." I whisper to y/n. She smiles as we board the hovercraft that takes us home. Now that we are victors there's still a question that lingers in my mind.

She said she loved me. Was that an act or are we gonna be something more??

She seemed to know what I was thinking again. She came over to me and whispered in my ear. "I'm yours now Peeta." She kisses me with pure passion. I deepen it and she moves her arms all around me which gives me goosebumps. She kisses me harder and gets as close to me as possible. We made out on the hovercraft for a while before we both had to breathe. "Only a few more minutes until we're back at the Capitol" I say. "I can't wait. I'm so excited to see Kat." I give her a crooked smile and we get off the hovercraft to meet Haymich and Effie. "Wonderful job you two!!" Effie squeals. "Good job sweetheart. You too Peet." Haymich says patting us on the back. "Thanks Haymich" I say with a small smile. "All we have left are post-victor interviews and then you two can head home!" Effie exclaims. I can't wait to go home. I can't handle all this publicity. I will miss the showers though.

Your POV

Cinna appears, embracing me and kissing my forehead. "I told you." He says with a chuckle. It takes me a moment to remember what he said to me before going into the arena.

"If I could bet, I'd bet on you."

I smile at him and hug him once more. "I have your outfit ready for tonight back at the room." "Already?" "Yup. Let's go." I kiss Peeta's cheek before going with Cinna back up to the room. When I see the dress I smile. It's beautiful. Its black with small sparkles aligning the frills in the dress. It had sleeves that go out to my elbows and matching black flats. Once my prep team finishes my hair and makeup I head down to wait for Peeta and I to be called into stage. "Why are Peeta I sperated?" "They want it to seem like you haven't seen him in a while so when you see him, run and give him a hug." "Okay" "Time to go."