Interviews

Peeta POV

I nervously walked out onto the stage. I saw
Y/n smile at me and give me a thumbs up as I walked out. I was worried. What if I made a bad impression? What if I got no sponsors? I sat next to the host, Ceaser Flickerman and he asked the first question. "So Peeta, what is your favorite think about the Capitol so far?" "Honestly Ceaser, the showers. There are so many different soaps. Tell me Ceaser, do I smell like roses to you?" "Let me smell. Why yes Peeta you do. Do I smell like lavender?" "Let me smell. Yes you do." "Alright Peeta, tell me, is there any special girl from back home?"

Yes. Yes yes yes.

"Oh I don't know." "Oh come on, there's gotta be someone." "Well there is this one girl. I've had a crush on her forever." "Well I'll tell you what, you win this thing and she'll have to go out with you." "I don't think that will work Ceaser." This was it. This was how I would tell her. "Any why is that Peeta?" "Because....because she came here with me."

Your POV

I was shocked. I would have never thought to hear those words come out of Peeta's mouth.

So that's what he kept trying to tell me.
Do I like him too? I don't know. I'm scared that if I do that I'll lose him in the games. I'd never be able to live with myself if I won.

I had no idea what to do. After my interview that was all I could think about. My interview was pretty normal except when I twirled, igniting me with fire. When Peeta came off the stage we just walked back to our rooms in silence. It was my last night before the games and I still wanted to spend it with him even if I hadn't figured out my feelings for him. I knocked on the door slowly. "Come in" I slowly opened the door and walked over to his bed where he was sitting. I didn't know what to say. So instead I just put my head on his shoulder and watched as he painted a meadow in his journal. "I'm sorry." He says. "For what?" "For confessing my love for you infront of the entire country when you don't even love me back." "That's not true." "What do you mean?" "I do love you. But I'm scared that I'll lose you tomorrow."

Peeta POV

I just sat there. What she didn't know was that she'd be losing me anyway. I'd die to protect her and I'd try to get her out of the arena at all costs.