Reunions

Your POV

After a day of hunting, Peeta Cato and I go back to the cave. We cook our food on some hot rocks near the river and eat dinner. We split two squirrels and climb back into the cave when we're finished. I sleep in between Cato and Peeta. I fall asleep on Peeta's chest as he takes first watch.

Cato POV

I can't help but be a little bit jealous of y/n sleeping on Peeta's chest. My feelings for her haven't just gone away even though I accept the fact that she loves Peeta. Peeta and I awkwardly take first watch as y/n sleeps. We stay silent for a while until we hear a voice. I know that voice. It's Clove's voice. I can tell she's looking for me. Following her are Glimmer and Marvel. "Cato's such a coward" I hear Glimmer say. "He May be but I'm still determined to tel him what's what. I bet he's with y/n. What a little cheater." "I don't think that he understands that this isn't about love, it's about getting out of here." Says Marvel. It's true. I'm acting like this is some reality show when I can't even see what is reality. I hear their voices get fainter and wake up y/n for next watch. Once she wakes up I immediately fall asleep.

Your POV

I wake up and find out it's my turn for watch. Peeta is still awake since it's also his turn for watch. Neither of us feels like saying anything so I just lay down on his chest watching through the crevice of the cave. The next morning Peeta Cato and I go out to hunt. Only to find the worst thing we could imagine. "Well hello there." Clove says. "Why'd you sun Cato? Too scared to face your ex?" She says with a smirk. "I think we should give you a taste of your own medicine... don't you think guys?" Glimmer and Marvel smirk. Before anyone says anything I send a blade right through Marvel's heart and the fighting goes on. Glimmer throws blades at me but I dodge them while Clove and Peeta throw spears at each other. Cato throws knives at Glimmer but she's too quick. Finally when Glimmer runs out of knives, Cato sends a spear through her neck. Clove is the only one left. She grabs her last knife and goes for me first. Cato and Peeta ran out of weapons so they're trying to collect them from the dead bodies. Cloves drags her blade through my arm causing me to scream. "NOW YOU FINALLY REALISE THE PAIN YOU PUT ME THROUGH." She yells. Another jab in my other arm. Another scream. This goes on for a while until Peeta finally gets the knife from Marvel's body and when Clove is turned, he send the spear through her left temple.