Broken hearts

Peeta POV

I went hunting during the night and I saw y/n and Cato awake. I hid in a bush and listened to them. I was heartbroken when Cato kissed y/n. What was even more heartbreaking was that y/n kissed him back. Next thing I heard was Clove yelling at y/n telling her to leave. I ran back to my cave tears streaming down my face.  I heard a boulder move and y/n entered. "Peeta oh my god!" She hugged me. I knew she knew that I knew what happened. "Peeta I'm sorry." "It's okay that you like him better than me." "No Peeta I love you! I don't even know why I kissed him." "Listen, you don't have to tell me that. Though I'm not sure I'll let go of my feelings for you." "Peeta don't say that!" "No really it's oka-" I was cut off by her kissing me. It wasn't just a sweet kiss, it was passionate. She deepened the kiss, her hands were tangled in my hair when we heard the crunching of leaves outside of the cave.

Your POV

I cut Peeta off with a kiss. I couldn't stand it. He thought I loved Cato and not him. My kiss with Cato was sweet, but this kiss was passionate. I deepened the kiss until I heard the crunching of leaves outside our cave. We both stopped immediately but stayed still. I peeked out of the little crevice of the cave and saw Cato trudging through the woods by himself. He stopped by the river next to us to get some water and I heard him yelling at himself.

"God d*mnit Cato! First you cheat on your girlfriend and then you lose the girl you fell for? My parents are probably so mad at me. Watching me trudge around like a little idiot focusing on girls instead of killing tributes. I bet they'd kill me now if they could."

Did Cato really love me like that? It didn't matter because now I was determined to get Peeta out alive. I love Cato, but like an older brother. I wish all three of us could be victors together but either way, I'm not leaving this arena. Cato or Peeta are making it out alive, not me. I whisper to Peeta, "Should we talk to him?" "Will he hurt you?" "No he would never. He might actually be a helpful ally." "Okay then but try mo to scare him. He might chuck a spear out of reflex" he chuckles quietly. "Cato.." "Who is that? Am I hallucinating?" "It's me Cato. Y/n." "Where are you?" I push away a rock. "Right here." "Hi Cato" says Peeta. "I'm so glad you two found each other again. But you shouldn't stay near me. Clove will be looking for me and she'll kill both of you." " I'm sure we could find a way." I say. "Erm- Yeah sure." Says Peeta. "Aright. You guys got any food?" "Yeah here." Peeta hands him some cooked squirrel. "Thanks. So how'd you guys find each other?" "Well after I left you guys, I came across this river and when I was getting some water, I saw Peeta laying inside this cave." I didn't mention the crying part because I knew he'd be embarrassed. Peeta looks a little relieved that I didn't mention it. He knows it would just cause conflict. "Cool. So. Allies?" "Allies." Peeta and I say in unison.