025. sirius' advice

S O R R Y

xxv||sirius' advice

xxv||sirius' advice

"Maria? Oh Maria!" Euphemia Potter drops her bag and rushes over to where Maria was limping down the stairs, Remus holding her hand tightly in his. It's now Boxing Day and Maria had changed into some of James' grey sweatpants and a large t-shirt from Sirius with the letters 'ABBA' sprawled over it — a popular muggle band.
Maria lets her hand fall from Remus' as she reaches the bottom of the staircase and she weakly flings her arms over her mother's shoulders, burying her face into the her own arm that rests on one.

"Oh, you're shaking—come and sit down." Euphemia coos, it's true, Maria has barely stopped shivering since the incident the previous night. She flinches at any contact that isn't invited or made by her and her chocolate eyes have a full tint in them that none of them like to see. "What happened—who did this?"

In the letter James had sent, he'd been very vague, and by vague that means he literally wrote: 'Come home. Now. Maria almost died'. Remus sits next to Maria and holds out his arm slightly, making Maria flinch — barely noticeable but her mother and Remus both did notice — ever so slightly before sniffling and wrapping her arms around his, her cheek resting on his arm.

"It was the Blacks and their pure-blood gang type thing." Remus whispers to Euphemia, sensing that Maria doesn't want to talk about it whatsoever and Euphemia touches Maria's arms softly but Maria jolts away before relaxing under her mother's hand.

"Oh sweetheart." Euphemia says, rubbing her arm softly and Maria shakes her head slightly, a small frown etching on her face.

"It's fine." Maria says softly. "People are dying, guys, I got kidnapped. It's not that big of a deal." Maria shrugs and the two older ones share a look before they hear James and Sirius banging there way down the stairs like they do every morning.

James enters first and stops smiling when he sees his worn out sister, the memories of Christmas night flooding back to him, almost making him facepalm on the spot. He had told the boy who had saved his sister's life that he can never talk to her again.
Sirius strolls inside the living room and his grey eyes roam around and he sees Euphemia and Remus comforting Maria who looks like she does not want to be comforted.

Sirius knows why. They've made her feel weak, and everyone who knows her, knows that Maria Potter hates feeling weak. Sirius is so ready to murder his cousins. He shakes it off and walks over to Maria, crouching in front of her with a grin on his face and Maria smiles slightly, slowly taking his outstretched hand and hoisting herself from the sofa.
Lily had done pretty well with the healing spells and using the dittany but Maria still had a few painful bruises here and there, along with quite a few scars that the red head had assured her will fade and look like there's almost nothing there.