Stone Road

"Senku, Rikona." called Chrome in a determined manner. "Tell me the way to make the cure-all drug! I will defeat Ruri's sickness!"

"As long as it can cure Ruri-nee, I'm willing to help in any way I can!" proclaimed Kohaku who was just as motivated.

'No, please don't say things like that.' pleaded Rikona with blue lines on her forehead, glancing at Senku who had malice and evil emanating his features. 'I get that you want to help Ruri badly, but you're merely stroking his ego.'

Seemed like she wasn't the only one who noticed. "I can see that guy's evil motives in saving Ruri." pointed out Chrome.

"I really don't know if he's a gentleman or a despicable man." remarked Kohaku with her arms folded. "But I think he's just a man in pursuit of reason."

With a stick in his hand, Senku began creating an outline on the ground as he explained, "What the Kingdom of Science wants to make is antibiotic." he began, drawing a capsule that represents the medicine. "An ultimate medicine that can eliminate bacteria in the human body. Since it was invented at the beginning of the 20th century, it saved billions of lives. We can't conduct blood tests here, and we don't even know what kind of illness it is. But since Doc decided that this would be the medicine, it's still worth a try."

"Okay!" shouted Chrome. "Let's make it right away then!:

"What do you need?" asked Kohaku, who was eager to prepare the necessary materials for this antibiotic.

"All kinds of things." answered Rikona. "There are two main ways of creating the cure-all drug. We can make either penicillin from living things through the biological route, or sulfa drugs from rocks through the stone route."

"Wait, Rikona." intervened the blonde woman. "Living things? Rocks? How can we make medicine out of them?"

"The most well-known way is to extract penicillin from green mold." explained the said woman, while Senku continued sketching on the ground. "But through the biological route, making penicillin in Stone World would take up too much time. Through this method, we can only torment ourselves by praying that we achieve a powerful green mold by chance. Meanwhile, making sulfa drugs through the stone route requires a lot of determination and manpower. But comparatively, we'll be guaranteed to be able to make the cure-all drug."

"In that case, we have our answer!" declared Chrome.

"I get it, Chrome." said Senku with a smirk. "We're not gods, and we're not geniuses. We can only be diligent and work hard. We'll be making everything step by step." With that, he finalised the diagram as he announced, "Let's take the stone route. We must solidly work our way through each step and transcend two million years of history in one go. This is the roadmap of making the cure-all drug."

The very sight of the complicated diagram made Chrome and Kohaku sweat, although the former was sweating from enthusiasm while the blonde looked terrified by the workload for this medicine. "Seriously?" he shouted. "Incredible! Let's start with this "iron" stuff. By the way, what is iron? Explain it to me in detail."

"That's not easy at all." deadpanned Senku.

"Senku-sensei's sorcery science class?" questioned Kohaku who looked exhausted even before the lecture started. "I don't think I'll be able to understand even if I listen."

"Count me out." muttered Rikona.

Time passed quickly, and it was nighttime. By then, Senku was on the ground completely exhausted from explaining to the enthusiastic Chrome who kept firing questions at him. "Seriously?!" he exclaimed, as sparkles seemed to mysteriously appear around him. "Incredible! So Earth rotates on its own? Amazing!" Meanwhile, Kohaku was situated on a nearby tree branch while Rikona just returned after cleaning up the dishes.