The Age of Energy

It was now time for work. While the men went back to rebuild their homes, the rest decided to join the Kingdom of Science to help make this mobile phone that Senku mentioned of. Now that they had more manpower, the workload had been nicely distributed; though with the exception of Gen standing aside watching people with his arms folded underneath his haori sleeves.

"Oh?" drawled Rikona who adorned a teasing smirk while carrying a large log. "What's this? After many months of hard labour, you still lack physical prowess. As expected from our little rat."

"Shut it." grumbled the green-haired man, whose face was coated with beads of perspiration as he struggled to carry a bundle of smaller logs.

"It feels so different with so many people working together." said Chrome happily while carrying another bundle of logs, which were bigger than the ones Senku carried.

"This is the result of Senku securing the Village Chief position." added Kohaku who, too, was carrying a large wooden log.

"It's truly a good thing." commented the said man while catching his breath. "Creating mobile phones in the Stone World is an extremely large-scale project. There are countless hurdles we need to clear."

As soon as he put the wooden logs on the ground, Chrome suddenly went in front of him with an exuberating enthusiasm. "By the way, tell me the principle of how mobile phones can communicate even in far distances!" he said.

"What exactly is the principle?" asked Kaseki who was just as excited as him. "Explain it to me nicely!"

But Senku thought that their excitement was a bit too much. "You guys are too close!" he pointed out, but it did nothing to cease the two. "Why are you so excited?" Once he finally got his personal space back, he began, "Listen carefully. To put it simply, your voice is a vibration of air. It vibrates against the diaphragm and generates a tiny current corresponding to the rhythm. The current is way too small, so we need to magnify it. This time, we need to use a vacuum tube. Then just keep circulating the energy around, and that will send it flowing in a wave of power. That's called a radio wave. The receiving end just needs to do the same in reverse."

Despite the thorough explanation, Rikona could tell that it only made the primitive people more confused. But Chrome tried to show that he could comprehend what was going on even though it was clear that he wasn't able to. "I see!" he stammered. "I think I understand half of it."

"I don't understand it at all." said Kaseki meekly.

"The IQ requirement for the explanation is too high." stated Gen, who was just as confused as them. "My head hurts. Just tell us where you want to start."

"I guess we'll have to start with one of the fundamentals in electrical gadgets." said the black-haired woman while placing a finger on her chin. "It's going to be tedious to get that material, but the machine isn't. Am I right, Mr. Scientist?"

"Yeah." he agreed before crossing both arms over his chest. "For this very large-scale scientific project, we must first create a cotton candy machine."

"Cot..." trailed off Chrome.

"...ton..." continued the confused Kaseki.

"Candy..." repeated Suika.

"Machine?" finished Kohaku.

But no one noticed the very puzzled Gen standing there with a blank smile plastered on his face. 'Yes.' he thought. 'The IQ requirement for the explanation suddenly dropped by 100. Is this really okay? Well, if Ri-chan agrees with whatever he said, then I guess it's okay.'

Regardless, they began to make this cotton candy machine by melting iron inside the furnace. After getting a crucible full of iron molten, Senku put on his protective equipment and brought it out to where Kaseki and Chrome prepared a wooden mould. He poured the content in, and Chrome quickly put down a large wooden log with an iron pipe inside, before Kaseki shoved the sharp tools into the holes before the molten cooled down. Once it was ready, Rikona removed the log before Senku grabbed the iron wire centrifuge.