Let There Be The Light of Science

This wasn't what the Kingdom of Science expected. Sure, Senku was hoping for lightning to create the magnet. But not when they barely made the bar! So with little time they had before the lightning subsided, they had to make a magnet for the power generator. Without sparring another minute, they began melting the copper that was available in the storeroom. When it was finally done, Chrome promptly grabbed the stone hammer and knocked down the furnace. With the same pair of tongs, Senku grabbed the crucible of molten iron and placed it inside. The black-haired woman turned to the others and asked, "Can someone get lacquer from the village?"

Suika rushed back to the village before returning after a short while with a bottle. "Suika got the lacquer!" she announced.

"Lacquer is a good insulator." remarked Senku with a grin plastered on his face. "Coat the iron rod with it."

"What are you doing?" questioned Gen while watching Rikona did as she was told, too occupied about racing against time to even answer him.

Senku went to the bridge and pulled out one of the wooden planks. "What are you going to do with it?" asked Ginro. But the group had been so occupied by their tasks that they didn't notice little Shovel watching them from the other side and then running off.

"I've carved a channel in the plank." announced Kohaku who had carved a groove on the wooden plank with a stone knife. Adorned in his protective equipment, Chrome poured the molten copper into the groove. Once the cooper wire solidified, Senku pulled it out and tightly wrapped it around the iron bar.

However, things got more complicated when Kohaku noticed a trio walking towards them. One of them was a large, muscular man named Magma. He had sharp blue eyes, and slicked-back blond hair brushing the top of his shoulders with a single lock falling in front of his face. He had a strong jawline and a prominent chin. His attire comprised of a dark blue tunic with short sleeves and a deep cut displaying his well-defined chest, and a pair of dark-coloured pants tied around the ankle. His accessories were two bracelets made of brown-leather thonging on his wrists, and the village rope around his waist as a belt.

Magma had two men accompanying him. One of them was Mantle who was a very short man with a large belly and visible chest-hair. He had baggy eyes with elongated eyelids black short-cropped hair, and a beard. He wore a ragged, green peasant tunic with a rope belt around his waist and a fundoshi underneath. The other man was Carbo, a young man with narrowed eyes, and spiky blond hair kept up with a rope tied around his forehead, leaving a single strand falling between his eyes. He wore a high-collared dark green tunic reaching his ankles that was tied with a rope belt. His sleeves were rolled to the elbow which revealed the brown fabric underneath. He was wielding a spear in his hand.

"Oh no." gasped Chrome. "It's Magma!"

"He's not someone who can be reasoned with." added Kohaku, who was uneasy about confronting the said man. "A fight is inevitable."

"We'll be screwed if we fight the villagers now." seethed Senku as nervousness etched his face. "Damn, we need to do something."

Gen looked over before heaving a sigh. "That leaves me no choice then." he suddenly said. "I don't want to be dragged into it and lose my life because of it. Ri-chan, can you get me a bunch of flowers?" The said woman looked at him with a raised brow, to which he responded with a genuine smile and stated, "Instead of fighting, isn't it better to offer flowers?"

Senku and Kohaku noticed his sudden change of personality towards the black-haired lass, who merely chuckled as she said, "Of course." She quickly went over to the bushes and cut a few stalks of flowers which she then handed to him. "Be careful, Kitsune."