An End to New Beginnings

A new day dawned crisp and clear. High up in the blue sky was a floating aircraft made from a humongous fabric attached to a basket by its edges with ropes. The balloon slowly approached the familiar village built on one of the two islets surrounded by the waters.

Senku let out a chuckle as he picked his ear, pulling the lever to lower the aircraft. "Now that's a familiar sight that moves me to tears," he said nonchalantly. "If Doc were here, she would've made fun of me being sentimental."

"Impressive!" Ryusui laughed. "They actually built a wonderful village in this primitive stone world! The sea, the mountains, and this village shall all be mine!"

"Not a chance!" refuted Chrome before tossing a knotted rope down. "That's our village!"

The rope fell into Kohaku's hands. She had been waiting for them atop the observatory roof. Once she grabbed the rope, she began pulling it, bringing the hot air balloon down while the villagers gathered below to warmly welcome the two familiar faces.

"It seems these people are just like Chrome and Kohaku," noted the captain as he observed the people. "They aren't from the 21st century."

"Yeah," replied Senku. "They are the descendants of people who escaped the certification thousands of years ago. You don't find people like them everywhere."

A solemn look morphed on the blond man's face. "I see. Ever since that day... By the way, if you and Ri invented the revival fluid, how did the both of you wake up from petrification?"

"I'm not 100% sure, but I heard Senku just didn't fall asleep and kept counting numbers the whole time," explained Chrome after hearing that question. "Then, nitric acid kept dripping on him. Rikona also happened to be near where nitric acid flowed out from the cave and then woke up."

The hot air balloon finally landed, and the flames were eradicated completely. Senku and Ryusui climbed out of the basket, leaving Chrome attempting to fold the large piece of cloth while some of the villagers surrounded the aircraft in awe. Children immediately flocked around the scientist as the sailor watched with a smile.

"Senku! Senku!"

"Senku, play with us!"

The former merely patted one of their heads with a smile on his face. "Okay, fine."

"Hey, Ryusui," called a familiar voice. The said man looked up, seeing Ukyo and Kohaku standing a few feet away from him.

"Come on, I'll give you a tour around Ishigami Village." With the two in the lead, Ryusui began walking around the village, listening to the blonde girl recalling everything that happened from the time she encountered the blue-eyed doctor. "To battle Tsukasa who had a formidable army, Senku assembled a group of comrades in this village." Then, the trio crossed the wooden bridge to reach where it all started - the very first science laboratory in this Stone World. "Thus started the Kingdom of Science."

Ryusui let out a humph as he continued, "And now he is attempting to rescue Ri, who saved the life of his enemy."

Ukyo nodded in response as he stood in front of the globe on the shelf, adding, "That's why Senku is trying to go to the source of the petrification light, located on the other side of the world."

"Starting with Ri, the aim is to revive the entire human race on this planet. To accomplish this, you will need a captain who can helm the ship." Excitedly, he placed one foot on the edge of the open observatory as he continued, "In other words, you will give anything to employ my help! Isn't that right?"

"When did you get up there?" wondered Ukyo sheepishly as he looked up from outside.

"Hey, you guys!" whined Chrome. "Stop talking and give me a hand over here! Seriously... They'll complete the ship first if we don't put our backs to it." But his complaints had fallen on deaf ears, as everyone's attention was now on the scientist approaching them.