Spartan Crafts Club

"What is this?" asked Kohaku after recovering from surprise.

"It's a hydroelectric generator." replied Senku.

"Hydroelectric?" repeated Kinro, finding the term very alien.

"Generator?" continued Ginro in the same manner.

"This is really awesome, Senku-chan, Ri-chan." muttered Gen with a deadpanned expression. At this point, it seemed that "surprise" was no longer in his vocabulary repository.

"But the credit goes to Chrome and Kaseki-san who made the waterwheel." highlighted the latter with a smile. The said men bumped their arms as tears of happiness rolled down their cheeks.

"But it's not complete yet." said Senku. "All our precious electricity is still leaking away."

"So, what do we do then?" asked Kohaku.

"We need to create a box that can store electricity." he replied.

"Can that spinning power be stored?" questioned Ginro with amazement.

"Yes, although it will be a bit of a pain to make." answered the scientist while glancing over his shoulder at the exhausted men who were snoring away on the ground with their backs against each other. He chuckled, "This isn't the time to collapse. We have a lot of high-difficulty crafting to do before we get to our mobile phone."

The thought of doing hard labour for another few months surged a wave of dread among the Kingdom of Science; with the exception of Rikona who merely chuckled at their expressions. "This is bad." wheezed Chrome.

"The Spartan Crafts Club begins now." declared Senku. "This is so exciting."

'I have met professors who were just about as passionate as him, but not to this extent.' she thought with a drop of sweat on her temple. 'Imagine him torturing his own students if he were a teacher or professor.'

"Hey, Doc." he suddenly called, to which turned her head to look at him. "I need you to draw something for me."

"Oh?" she drawled before placing a hand on her hip. "Let me guess. It has something to do with the waterwheel, right?"

Chuckling, he said, "You're ten billion percent right."

And just like the scientist said, the Spartan Crafts Club began to work under his supervision. The first step was glass molding a few small bottles. "To make a box for storing electricity, in other words, the battery, we need to dip these two lead plates into our friend, the two-faced goddess, Sulphurina." he explained as he watched Rikona, donning a pair of thick leather gloves, poured the acid into the glass bottle that had two lead plates attached to two wires that went through the cap.

"Sulphurina?" repeated Gen questioningly, although he then understood what Senku was referring to. "Do you mean sulphuric acid?"

"Send electricity into this, and it will store power on its own." continued the green-haired man before letting out his signature chuckle. "It's simpler than you thought, right?"

"It's not simple at all." deadpanned Chrome. "It's quite hard."

But the enthusiastic scientist continued, "We'll need to make another five and connect them all."

"Hasn't the Crafts Club been working too hard lately?" complained Kaseki, already exhausted at the thought of repeating this whole thing five times.

Regardless, they finally obtained a battery comprising of six glass bottles each containing the lead plates submerged in sulphuric acid. But Ginro wasn't convinced how such small things could store electricity. "Is it really being stored in these tiny containers?" he wondered as he held the wires. Senku was standing behind him picking his nose when he noticed the blonde man; although he made no effort to step in and warn him. "All the spinning power from those disks-" As if to prove a point, he was electrocuted as he let out all sorts of incomprehensible noise.