Wave of Science

With the help of a wooden stool, Suika lifted her melon rind and looked through the eyepiece. As she moved the telescope around, she could see a pair of deers drinking from the river, eliciting an excited gasp from her. "It can see faraway places." she stated. Her eyes then widened when she noticed something else. "The sun will rise soon!"

"Don't look at the sun directly using the telescope." advised Rikona, who was standing beside her supervising. The other children eagerly waited for their turn to use the telescope.

Upon hearing about sunrise, Kohaku looked over to the basket filled with tungsten ores and said, "Senku, if you guys got the real thing..." As if on cue, the sun rose, and the ores glowed a vibrant blue. Everyone outside peered into the basket and marveled at the glowing ores.

"Incredible." whispered Ruri. "It looks like a mountain of gems!"

"Not only does it look like a mountain of gems, but it is one." pointed out Senku who had a smirk on his face. Chuckling, he added, "It's a treasure trove of super rare metals."

But Magma, who sat on a rock with Gen and Kokuyou near him, humphed at this. "Gems?" he repeated mockingly. "Aren't they just slightly heavy rocks? You had me dig for them for half a day."

"We'll use these rocks to win against Tsukasa-chan." pointed out Gen.

"We'll win with these rocks?" questioned Kokuyou while glancing at the ores. "I see." But much to Senku and Gen's horror, he picked up one and menacingly said, "Gemstones? You're right. These heavy rocks are powerful."

"After spending three days of expedition, the gems ended up being used as disposable weapons, huh?" muttered Rikona with amusement while leaning against the window.

"Father, I don't think that's how-"

"We can't blame him." shrugged Kohaku, interrupting her sister mid-sentence. "He's from the old generation."

"What?!" shouted Kokuyou, snapping his head at his daughter with a shocked look.

"Our opponent is Tsukasa-chan and his men, who are great fighters." explained Gen cheerily. "Our plan is to make a mobile phone using these rocks and win the information war."

"But Senku, how long will it take before we can make a mobile phone?" asked Kohaku.

"That's right." said Ginro, agreeing with her concern. "Once spring comes, Tsukasa's army is going to be rushing in."

"Well, we're not far from the goal." assured the scientist. "To put it simply, the vacuum tube is the mobile phone's heart. Plastics make up its skeleton. The microphone is the vocal cord. The gold wire is the veins. With these four body parts, we can finish the mobile phone." At that moment, everyone let out sounds of amazement. "This enormous scientific project is finally at its last phase. Listen carefully. We'll charge towards the goal in one go!"

Rikona had left the observatory and joined the others outside. Picking up a chunk of tungsten ore, she asked, "Shall we start by making the heating filaments required for the vacuum tube?"

"I was thinking the same thing." said Senku, agreeing with her suggestion. He, too, picked up a chunk of ore and held it up high. "We'll use what lies under this blue glow. The most heat-resistant metal in the universe - tungsten."

"But how do we get it out from the rocks?" asked Kohaku.

"Well, that's a very difficult process." he answered.

However, no one expected to see the young doctor casually tossing a few tungsten ores onto the ground, where they were all smashed into finer bits by Magma and Mantle. To say this freaked out the others was certainly an understatement, as Kohaku and Suika had beads of tears while Chrome's eyes bulged out seeing the precious gems being destroyed. "What are you doing, Magma?!" screamed the brunette.