Count Down 20

"Behold, the happy origami tank!" announced Senku. "Isn't this exhilarating?" Alas, the Kingdom of Science had achieved the final form of the Steam Gorilla, which had a rupture disk gun attached at the top.

"Does the cannon work?" questioned the dubious Gen. "We don't have gunpowder." Modern people wouldn't be surprised at his question; after all, how often does one see a tank in the Stone World?

"Don't worry about that." assured Rikona, walking towards the cannon with a bundle of leather pouches in her arms. "We're using leather rupture discs."

"Rup... What?" he repeated, failing to attempt the peculiar term he just heard.

"It's basically a burst disc." she explained. "It will burst open when it expands past its limit. Once you electrolyse water, the hydrogen and oxygen will cause the rupture disc to expand to the maximum. When we light the fuse, the cannon is fired."

"I see!" chimed Chrome excitedly. "Even I can understand how it works!" But the next sentence said otherwise. "So it can only fire once?!"

"One is all it takes." shrugged Senku, before a grin made its way across his face. "I'm ten billion percent sure people will lose the will to fight, seeing a cannon."

"You're right." agreed Gen, though not quite in the same enthusiasm as the scientist.

"I hope we'll win without any sacrifice." said Kohaku determinedly. "The key is to attack them after the firing of the cannon."

"Yeah." agreed the green-haired man. "For the battle around the Miracle Cave, shortly after the battle starts, the Kingdom of Science will deploy everything. He is our indispensable tool. He has immeasurable strength and endurance."

As if on cue, a familiar figure of a brute man emerged from the woods behind him. Kohaku and Suika, along with everyone else, let out a quiet gasp at his unannounced arrival. "It's odd." said the blonde woman, adorning a warm smile. "We meet for the first time, but I already know your name. Taiju."

Senku looked over to the said man, with Yuzuriha trailing behind him, smiled. It's just like what Kohaku said, although not quite accordingly. It felt like yesterday when he last saw the two. And now, seasons had passed, they've finally reunited.

"Senku!" The sentimental Taiju reached to hug the said man, who swiftly ducked below, letting the brunette hug the air while he gently fist-bumped his friend as he made his way towards Yuzuriha. The two exchanged looks with each other, no words were necessary, for they understood what they wanted to say.

He then turned towards Rikona and asked, "Is the plan ready, Doc?"

To which, she showed him the rolled-up paper and said, "As requested, Mr. Scientist."

As expected of Doc, he'd thought. He then faced the rest, with hands on his waist, and announced, "The Kingdom of Science has everything now! The final battle with the Tsukasa Empire will begin soon. This is exhilarating!"

And so, it was time for the battle to commence. Yuzuriha, Ruri, Suika and Kaseki stayed behind with the rest of the noncombat participants, leaving the rest to head towards the Miracle Cave, the starting point of their battle. Carefully, they approached the nearest trees where they hide, preventing themselves from being seen by Tsukasa's guards.

Senku stared at the all-too-familiar cave and lowly chuckled, "It's been so long. I almost teared up."

"Getting sentimental, are we?" teased Rikona.

"In your dreams." he retorted, although playfully.

"Over there?" questioned Kinro, staring at the heavily guarded cave.