The Final Battle

"It was a long-term plan." muttered Taiju as he crouched down, his gaze on the cup filled with nitric acid.

To think that it took them at least a year to reach where they were now. He had to be honest, though. It wasn't easy having to part with his friend and infiltrate the enemy base, acting as if they were part of the empire whilst spying on their movement, before he and Yuzuriha could even contact Senku. Even so, they could only hear his voice before the reunion, and the latter wasn't in a much favourable situation. But nevertheless, it was all worth it.

"Senku and I parted ways and worked hard for one whole year." Alas, he raised the nitric acid up high with both hands, cheering as loud as he could. "Finally, we claimed it back!"

"Is this the nitric acid produced by bat droppings?!" chimed the equally enthusiastic Chrome.

To which, Taiju indirectly answered with, "Miracle Fluid!"

"Now we can make the Revival Fluid and bombs to our heart's content." continued the brunette scientist optimistically. But all he received was a quiet "let's go", followed by the sound of footsteps gradually getting further away from where he stood. Turning around, he saw the scientist and the doctor standing in front of the toppled tank, with the latter rummaging the insides. "What are you doing, Senku, Rikona? We just won this battle!"

Taiju heartily laughed as he followed Chrome out. "Senku and Rikona are always calm, so it takes longer for them to celebrate." he explained. "Hey, Senku, Rikona!"

The said man, smirking, looked up and said, "I want to celebrate our victory too but we don't have time. Let's start making bombs."

Realisation struck them. It was certainly too early for them to celebrate. "Oh, no, you're right." agreed Chrome in a cautious tone. "Before Tsukasa realises what happened and comes back here."

"Tadada~!" drawled Senku in a singing manner, raising a large sealed glass jar filled with dark grey powdered substance. "Sulphur and coal! Mix in nitric acid and voila, an instant bomb-making kit is done."

"You're well prepared." deadpanned Gen, still sitting inside the tank as he brought out the jars of materials to Chrome.

"Of course, we don't have much time." reminded the scientist.

"Okay, this is finally a victory for the Kingdom of Science!" cheered Taiju.

"Bomb acquired!" joined Chrome.

Oh, how she wished she could be so carefree and cheery like them. If there's anything Rikona knew in life, always expect the unexpected to occur. It was some time during the 20-second attack, there was this unpleasant feeling gnawing inside her stomach, and she knew straight away that it meant trouble. Although the battle team was aware of her plans, what they didn't knew was that during the drafting she'd been taking into consideration of how long it would take for Tsukasa, or even Hyoga, to catch even the slightest hint that the Kingdom of Science had struck first. She knew Tsukasa had predicted they had a tank prepared, otherwise there wouldn't be traps all over the Miracle Cave and Chrome's prison cell in the first place. If that was the case, then it wouldn't be surprising if he was already on his way to the Miracle Cave.

Perhaps Tsukasa was too intelligent for his own good.

Ukyo's eyes snapped open in alarm. He kept silent, letting his ears trying to convince him that he was imagining things. He was, unfortunately, wasn't. 'Impossible.' he thought. 'It's too fast. How?' Now wasn't the time to think for an answer to this. "RUN!" he yelled urgently to the rest, which instantly grabbed their attention as they turned their heads to look at him. "RUN, EVERYONE!"