Chapter Eight

*THIRD PERSON POV*

"If you look into the Red Bull garages, we can see both Max Verstappen and Sky Morgan getting into their cars. Quali starts in t-minus two minutes.

One of the pit box engineers gave both cars the green light to exit the garage, qualifying was about to begin.

"Oh. It has been a tough qualifying let me tell you now. I'm Jenson Button and I have been keeping track of today's session closely. We currently have Max Verstappen on pole! He is doing a smashing job this season so far. George Russell in second. Valtteri Bottas in third! Sky Morgan isn't doing too bad herself, with her Red Bull in fourth followed by Charles Leclerc and Daniel Ricciardo. Daniel had just out qualified his teammate Lando Norris by one tenth of a second putting Norris seventh. Pierre Gasly in eighth and Carlos Sainz in ninth. Lance Stroll rounds of the top half of the pack in tenth."

LANDO POV

I pulled back into the garage, seventh. Not bad. But I could've done better, but I suppose P6 and P7 isn't bad. I heard Sky got fourth too, so I was pleased for her. I hope she enjoyed the little breakfast I had sent up.

However, I do have my doubts. I am worried we are moving too fast. We go back to her room and unintentionally fall asleep and now I am sending her breakfast?

I suppose we will both wait and see.

I took off my helmet and neck brace and walked into my room to change. I changed into my McLaren gear before heading down for the team debrief and then, a press conference. The debrief was short and simple.

I don't do press conferences very often but when I do I love it. I don't know why, but there is such a buzz about them.

The drivers joining me were, Lewis Hamilton, Sky Morgan, Pierre Gasly and Charles Leclerc. This was going to be a good one.

THIRD PERSON POV

A reporter stood up and faced the panel, "So, this question is for Sky Morgan."

She shifted in her seat and looked at the reporter, he was old, 50 at least.

"Sky, you are the first female Formula 1 driver, yes. How does it feel racing against men, and do you think you have any advantages/disadvantages because you are a woman? Finally, do you think, even though you are a woman, you have a chance of winning a championship?"

Not only Sky, but the whole panel looked shocked. Sky was expecting a few remarks and stupid questions, but not this.

It may not seem like a big deal, but Sky hated it when she was compared to men. She straightened up and looked him dead in the eye.

"Firstly, it feels normal racing against men. I don't care who I'm racing against, quite frankly. Secondly, I think, in fact, I know. I am treated just the same as a male driver, why should I be treated differently? Just because I'm a girl. No. That's not how this society had progressed. Thirdly, one day I believe I will have the chance, yes. But no one can predict the future."

Lando looked over to Sky and smiled, in fact everyone did. Charles raised his hand,

"Uh, if you don't mind. I have something to add to Sky's very valid answer."

The reporter nodded and everyone looked at Charles.

"Ever since Formula 1 has begun, we have never had a female driver. In all these 60 years, it only happens now. Sixty years in? What? Motorsport has been stereotypically deemed a men's sport and I personally, and I'm sure most of the people on this panel will agree, know that needs to change. We should be inviting women to the sport. And I hope in this new day and age that Sky inspires women to pursue the sport they love and let no man or woman stop them." He finished.

Sky looked at Charles with a warm hearted smile, the whole room clapped. Charles looked at Sky and nodded.

The reporter on the other hand, looked shocked out of his skin. He did not expect that response to his question.

SKY POV

After that rather interesting press conference and Charles standing up for me, all I wanted to do was to go back to the hotel and binge Netflix and eat.

Tomorrow was a big day and I just wanted to relax. Luckily, I didn't bump into anyone on the way back.

I ordered a chicken Caesar salad and changed into sweats. I signed into my Prime Video account instead so I could watch Criminal Minds. My favourite show before my favourite race. Tomorrow afternoon was going to be a thrill. Fourth on the grid. A podium could be in reach!

I open my phone to find some new messages pop up.

LANDO: Congrats on P4! Also, that reporter looked like he had seen a ghost when you sent that response to his question!

SKY: Haha yeah! His face was white as a sheet. I felt good after that, and especially when Charles topped it off. :) x

LANDO: Sleep well Sky! Big day tomorrow. Xx

SKY MORGAN LIKED THE MESSAGE

She opened Instagram and found several DM's from today. News must've travelled around about her press answer.

First up was Charles,

CHARLES: Sorry if I took it too far earlier. That guy was being a prick. You came back like a pro though!

SKY: No worries mate. I appreciate it :)

Then there was George, I expected something from him. He always likes to check I'm okay when it comes to these touchy subjects. Then Alex, Lewis, and Max. I responded to them all before texting my mum and posting on Instagram and going to bed.

(A/N - happy easter y'all!
      - wishing everyone a good day!❤️
      —— new chapters coming soon!!)