Chapter 24

Lando looked at me with a gesturing smile. I can't lie, I was glad that was off our chests. I just hoped Lando felt the same.

"Just as we suspected, you two are not very good at hiding it." he chuckled.

Lando and I both went bright red.

Christian continued, "Therefore, we need to come up with a conclusion. Obviously, we do not want to remove any of you from the teams. But we need to find a sensible solution to approach this situation."

Lando sat up, "Hang on a minute, sorry for interrupting but, what solution do we need to find? Sky and I are together, yes. We can keep it a secret, yes. Why do we need to do anything about it?"

Christian replied with a cool, calm voice. "Because if we don't once again, rumours can be spread quicker than we can shut them down. Luckily, thanks to you two following the rules we talked about last time. 90% of the rumours have been long forgotten. But seeing as they are no longer rumours, and you are in fact dating, it's up to you essentially."

I then spoke up, "But, there are no rules against dating a fellow driver."

"No. But you are the first female driver in Formula One." said Zak.

"I know. I know. But evidently, I am allowed to date anyone on the grid." I said smugly.

"Unfortunately, yes." Zak hesitantly replied.

I looked at Lando and met his gaze. He smiled at me and I returned the favour.

Lando looked at Zak, "Is that all?"

"I guess it is. Just please, on one condition, please be incredibly careful. I hope you both know that you guys are going to get a lot of hate and opinions on this. Other driver's on the grid will also have opinions. I do not want either of you to get hurt. And if, in future, you two decide to end your relationship. It better not affect your race performance or you both in general. But overall, Christian and I both approve and are willing to give you a chance."

A huge smile spread across my face, "Thank you so much both of you. We really appreciate it."

"That's okay. Don't let us down. You may leave now."

I stood up and Lando swiftly followed me. We both shook hands with the two team principals and then got ready to leave the meeting room. Just before we reached the door, Lando linked his fingers with me and I leant my head against his shoulder as we walked out. A giant smile spread across my face.

All I could here was Maria and Charlotte behind us, "Awww. Oh my gosh. They are too cute already."

I could hear Zak chuckling and Lando looked down at me and smiled. We stopped at the exit and Lando looked at me, "Are you sure about this?"

"Yes, as long as you are, and prepared to face the consequences."

"I am, especially if you are by my side." he smiled.

I nodded in return and we both stepped into the French sun. The moment we walked out, photographers stopped and snapped shots of us and many people looked at us with concerned faces. Until Daniel ran up in front of us shouting and cheering.

"YES! YES! YES! Skylando forever! So, they finally let you become public, hey?" As he swung his arms around our shoulders, barging in the middle of us.

"Haha, yes he did." I replied.

"Good riddance. Now I can finally boast about you to everyone." Dan said smugly.

"Alright, alright. Calm down Danny, we are going to get a lot of hate and opinions on our relationship so chill out." I chuckled.

"Okay, okay. Have fun lovebirds." He released his grip from our shoulders and walked off into the McLaren hospitality.

Lando and I were about to go our separate ways when I noticed Charlotte and Jules coming up behind us.

"Right, well, I'll see you tonight." Lando smirked.

I gazed deep into his eyes. I could get lost in them forever. I reached up and placed my hands around his neck and placed my lips on his. The kiss was soft and loving. I loved him and I could only hope he loved me as much.

As he deepened the kiss, members of the paddock started cheering and clapping around us. I have to be honest, I completely forgot Lando and I were outside the hospitality.

We pulled back to take a breath and we both smiled and rested our foreheads against each other.

"See you later." I smiled.

Just as I was about to walk away, Lando grabbed my hand, "I love you Sky."

"I love you more Lando." I returned.

We both walked our separate ways, fully aware of the crowd we had built up.

I walked into the Red Bull garage to Max pulling me into a bear hug. "Aww Sky and Lando. Aww."

"Shut up Max." I squirmed under his arms.

"Hey! I'm not the one making out with another driver in front of like, the entire paddock." he smirked.

I elbowed him in the stomach and he released his grab on me. We both began giggling and I walked off after fist bumping him and my engineer Tom.

I got back to my hotel room that evening to find my phone blowing up with notifications.

I used my face ID to unlock my phone and I briefly skimmed over them. Most of them were messages from fellow drivers and team members congratulating me on my relationship with Lando.

But then a twitter notification caught my eye. Out of curiosity and habit, I clicked on it. It was a Twitter page that slammed on F1. The tweet was a link to a website. Stupidly, I pressed it and waited for the page to load.

It was an article. Published only 2 hours ago. I didn't think much until I read the headline.

SKY MORGAN, A GIRLFRIEND OR A DRIVER? ARE RED BULL STRATEGIES AND SECRETS SAFE?

Out of interest, I kept reading.

Sky Morgan, 19, first ever female Formula One driver in history, revealed today that she is dating fellow driver Lando Norris. The two confirmed this by giving each other a goodbye kiss outside the McLaren and Red Bull garages.

It seems that team principals and CEO's of these two teams, are not fussed about this relationship. But how are the other driver's on the grid going to feel?

How can Red Bull be sure that all of their strategies and secrets, engine set-ups etc. are safe? And not threatened by the rookie driver.

Morgan is new to the sport, and clearly doesn't realise how bad this shakes things up. But, do we also fault Lando Norris?

What are the odds that he starts dating the first female driver. But we don't know who initiated contact. We do not know who started the relationship. But all that we do know, is that Sky Morgan could be a threat to Red Bull's future.

Stay tuned for more.

I felt like bursting into tears. How do I react to something like that? I know that we would receive some hate, but I didn't expect it so soon.

I then noticed that the article had some comments.

user1: i can't lie, i love the idea of sky and lando

user2: #skylando

user3: I agree with this. Sky and Lando have crossed a line here and I think that Horner and Seidl need to sort something out. Or just drop Morgan.

I felt like shit. Not the first time this has happened recently.

*********************
hey guys!
         - sorry for the late upload!
hope you enjoyed the chapter and stay safe :)