Chapter 56

Friday went too quick for my liking, FP2 was very good for us 'Bulls. I ended up being P3. Max P2, Valtteri P1! So, Max did in fact beat me but oh well.

I was lay on my bed, watching tiktoks to be precise, and I get a knock on my door. I head over, don't bother to look through the peep hole, and I open the door. "Oh, hey George. How are you?"

"Shit to be honest, can I come in? Is Lando here?" he asked, a bit wary.

I shook my head, "No, Lando is out with Carlos I think, again. Come in."

George walked into the room, I closed the door behind him as he sat down on the bed. "What's going on George? We haven't spoken in weeks."

George and I used to be really close, especially in F2, and then we were quite close when I joined F1, especially in those first few months, but now we barely spoke.

"Well, Carmen and I broke up. Two weeks ago, it hasn't been great since then. But the thing is, nobody knows. Especially not the media, they cannot know under any circumstance. And I wasn't doing anything tonight, and thought its been ages since we spoke, so this was a good opportunity to come and speak to you." he tried to smile, but it was very weak.

I pulled him in for a hug, "I know its been ages since we spoke, and I apologise that we haven't spoken for months. And I am so so sorry about Carmen, I'm not going to ask what happened, thats between you and Carmen, but god I feel bad." I whispered, wrapping my arms around his neck. He smelt quite nice to be fair.

George arms snaked round my waist, his head found a crook in my neck where he fell quite comfortably, despite the fact he is like six foot one, I think anyways.

"Thanks Sky, I wish I appreciated our friendship more. I'm sorry I've been so distant over the past months." he muttered, still holding onto me.

I pulled back and held his shoulders, "I know, I wish I did too. And, look, don't worry about it, our career just took over. Look, from now on you can talk to me anytime you want, okay?"

All the Brit could do in response was nod back, I smiled and he returned it before he turned around and headed for the door. "Thanks for this small chat Sky. I would stay longer but I can't really stay here for long, my mum was meant to be FaceTiming me, like, right now." He said, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

We said a quick goodbye and he left, closing my door behind him. For Lando to walk in seconds later, "What was George doing here?"

Mercedes weren't on our floor, so he probably saw George in the elevator.

"George came to speak to me, he was only here for five minutes." I replied, giving Lando a quick kiss on the cheek.

"To speak to you?" a concerning look on his face.

I raised my brows at him, "Yes Lando. To speak to me."

"Why?" he persisted. Why was he so bothered that George came to speak to me?

"Because he did." I replied, bluntly. Probably a bit too bluntly.

"There's no need to be blunt with me, Sky. Why was George here?" he pressed, his voice ever so slightly raising.

"If you must know, Carmen and George broke up, so he came here to tell me." I quickly fired back.

Lando's face turned sad, not realising that could be a reason why George came here in the first place. "To be fair," he begun, "I hadn't noticed her around for ages, he never talks about her either. So, he came to you to talk about it?"

"Yes Lando, to talk to me. Nothing more. Nothing happened if you want to know, I would like to think you would know I wouldn't do that to you." I shot back again, his expression surprised. How could he think that? I would never do anything like that to him? Surely he would trust me enough to know that?!

He sat down on the bed, as I stood in the doorway to the bathroom, "I know you would never do anything like that Sky. I trust you."

"So why did you IMPLY it?" I was raising my voice now. I shouldn't have, it was a petty thing to raise my voice over, but oh well.

"I- I don't KNOW! Okay! I don't know why I mentioned it, I just panicked I guess." he responded, standing up again, hands on his head.

"You panicked? What do you mean you panicked? A boyfriend doesn't panic about their girlfriend cheating on them with a boy that is only a FRIEND!" I shouted back.

Lando lowered his head and muttered, "You'll be surprised."

"What was that?" I said, knowing full well what he said.

"Nothing."

"No, Lando. Tell me what you said right now." I demanded, walking closer to him.

He huffed, "I said, you'll be surprised, meaning how many boys would think their girlfriends would cheat on them with their 'boy bestfriends.'"

I looked at the ground, "Right, I see how it is. I'm going for a walk. Don't wait up." . And with that, I grabbed my jacket, a keycard, my phone and stormed out the room. I wasn't sure where I was going, but anywhere than here was good enough for me. I put my AirPods in whilst I was in the elevator, I got to the lobby and who do I see? Carlos.

"Hola Sky, where's Lando?" he asks nicely.

Instead I bite back, unintentionally, "Upstairs." and then I'm off. I don't even stop to chat, I put on my music and blast it top volume. MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT by Elley Duhe starts playing. I'm walking around the streets in the dark, listening to this song. It's honestly making me feel like I'm in a tiktok edit. Goals. To be fair, I expect there are some edits on tiktok of me, and Lando. I know there are definitely some of Lando. Most of the grid as well I expect. I am an avid tiktoker, with my 700k followers. I upload everything from content with Lando and the drivers to me dancing to GP stuff, its great honestly! Its my favourite social media platform by far.

I don't know where I ended up, I had been out for half an hour and surprise surprise, I needed Google maps. I punched in the hotel address, 24 minutes to your destination. Great. Here we go.

Left, right, left right, down an alley, round a bend and ah, there it is. The Hilton Hotel. I jumped back into the elevator, it was now 11pm, and I desperately needed to go to bed. I swiped my keycard on the door handle, it beeped and I pushed it open. Lando had done as I said and hadn't waited up for me, so I used my phone torch to find my way to bed. I difficulty clambered into my joggers and shirt, tucked myself in and fell asleep, thinking about how I can fix this with Lando.

When I woke up the following morning, it was later than I had originally planned on getting up, but to be fair, I had a late night last night. But it was at no fault but my own. I opened the curtains in the room, and went to make the bed, only to find an envelope on Lando's pillow. I opened it:

Good morning my lovely,

I am so so sorry about yesterday, I overreacted and I do in fact trust you with my life. I left early this morning because I have some media content to do.

Love you and see you later,

Lan x

Ah shit, once again I'd fucked up. I mean Lando did too, by overreacting, but I only shouted back. It definitely didn't help our relationship. Our relationship was still quite fresh, I mean, it had been a few months but thats still young and fresh. I forget sometimes we've only really know each other for 8 months.

Sometimes it can feel like you've known someone forever.