Chapter 30

thank you for 10k reads!❤️

also, can we please respect lando's privacy? no one has confirmed anything yet, but i'm still happy for him :)

thank you! enjoy the chapter ! Xx

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thursday. Media day. 8:30am start.

Jules was banging on my door for me to leave. "I'm coming Jules!" I shouted and grabbed my rucksack. I opened the door and ran into the hallway.

"Come on then Sky. We have lots to do." she smiled.

We got into the elevator and hit the ground floor button, as the doors closed a cheery face came running down the hallway shouting at the closing elevator door, "WAIT! Hold the elevator!"

Take a guess at who it was.

"Hold on then Lan!" I said back. I stuck my foot in the elevator doors and they rebounded open. A panting Lando approached the elevator and got in.

"Good morning Jules." came a happy greeting from the Brit.

"Morning Mr Norris, how have you been lately? Hope you've been taking good care of my girl here." Jules replied, with a sprinkle of cheekiness to her.

"Oh I have don't worry." he smirked. Lando then leaned over and kissed my lips gently. I could feel his smile on my lips.

"Alright you two. Save it for the bedroom." judged a voice from behind.

I turned around, "Shh Jules.", and continued to kiss Lando.

The elevator dinged and we all got out. Lando walked to his own SUV and me, mine. As I got in, I could see Jules smiling to herself. Max was already in the car and talking to someone on the phone. It was in Dutch so I guessed it was his dad. Plus, the brief Dutch lessons I've had told me it was his dad. Yes I know! I can speak a little Dutch too. Not many people know I can speak the basics of about 5 languages!

Arriving at the track, we headed straight for the motorhome to go over today's schedule, and Maria did just that. She went through it with a fine tooth comb as she always does. Max and I were pulling weird faces at each other throughout the whole thing. It was hilarious.

At around 10am we headed to the interview pen and spoke to people from different TV channels. One of my first interviews was with a Spanish channel and I really enjoyed that!

"Hola Sky." greeted the gentleman.

"Hola."

"¿Te importa si hacemos esta entrevista en enspañol?" (Do you mind if we do this interview in Spanish?) he asked.

"Sí, that's fine." I smiled back. He nodded and begun asking me questions about racing.

"¿Lando es ahora tu novio?" (Lando is now your boyfriend?) was one of the off topic questions.

"Sí, el es. Es genial, es genial." (Yes, he is. It's great. He's great.) I responded.

Lando and I had been getting a lot more media attention now. Even though we announced it a a couple weeks back. I didn't mind when they asked questions about it, it was totally unexpected to everyone, but when they ask the more private questions like do you live together etc. it gets ridiculous. But we both knew questions like this would rise.

Media day was long. Lots of questions about the team, our expectations this weekend and Lando and I. Lying on my bed that evening was wonderful. It was peaceful. Lando wasn't in the same room as me today. I ran myself a bath for a change, and sank into the water gently. It was warm on my skin and soothed my aching muscles.

LAN X: hey babe. how was today?

YOU: it was alright. a lot of questions on me             and you, but we expected it. xx

LAN X: yes we did. i had some strange ones too. they were asking things like wether we live together and weird things like that xx

YOU: same here. it can only get easier from here though. the worst questions have passed. xx

LAN X: indeed they have. speak later, i love you❤️

YOU: i love you more lan❤️

After relaxing in the bath and listening to some music, I jumped out and pulled some cozy pyjamas on. Austria was Red Bulls home race so I couldn't disappoint tomorrow. I had to be all in. No matter what.

Friday morning was as usual. A 7am start followed by a run. Instead of running the country side, I decided to run the track. I set of at the pit lane entry and headed towards Turn 1. As I rounded the final corner, someone jumped through the fencing by the pit wall. They leant against the fence as I approached. It was Lando, shock.

"Hey Lando." I said.

"Good morning Sky. Can I join you?"

I stopped and looked at him, "No you can't. Of course you can." I joked.

He smiled at me in return and we began the lap. We didn't really speak much whilst we were running, a few words were spoken here and there. Kym Illman snapped a few shots of us and we stopped to ask how he was. I liked Kym. He was one of my favourite track photographers, we got along nicely too. After talking to Kym at Turn 9, we continued on past Turn 10. Heading down the start/finish straight, we approached the back of the grid spaces.

"Sprint race." I say, and I'm off. Sprinting the 100 or so metre to the finish line. I could hear Lando moan and say 'Hey!' behind me. I chuckled to myself and focused to the line. I could hear his footsteps behind me. Getting louder and louder but I managed to fend him off. Crossing the line only a little in front of him. A couple early spectators clapped as we crossed the line. We turned to face them and took a bow, laughing at the same time.

Lando hooked his arm round my shoulder and we walked back to the garages. "Right Miss Morgan, I'm gonna go and take a shower."

"Me too. Also, thanks for dropping me at the hotel. I took a taxi here!" I stated. I did in fact get a taxi to the track. Seeing as it was so early, not may team SUV's were about.
"Okay okay. I guess I could take you with me."
We laughed and got into his papaya orange McLaren. "Wait, didn't you get yourself a rental?"

"Yeah. But I couldn't be assed to drive this morning." came a giggle from my mouth.

Lando turned to look at me, "You lazy fucker."

We both burst into a fit of laughter. He wasn't wrong. But then, I had just ran two laps of the track. We got back to the hotel and went our separate ways, departing with an affectionate elevator kiss.

The hot water hit my skin and ran down my smooth body. Refreshing my sweaty skin. I didn't wash my hair everyday because it was so thick and too much to handle so I put it into a bun on the top of my head.

Arriving at the track again, driving myself this time, I headed for my driver room. Where I proceeded to change into my race suit and head out into the garage. "So, Aid. What's it looking like today?"

"Well Sky, a dry day. As we expected. Do a few runs on the hard tyre and get our ERS management test done. Also, we want to test fuel management too. This afternoon will just be working with some different setups depending on how this morning goes." as he finished, I pulled on my neck brace and helmet, nodded and jumped into my navy blue car. It felt like home every single time I sat down in my car. Resting my feet on the pedals, and my hands on the steering wheel.

The mechanic gave me the thumbs up to exit the pit box and begin the session. I put some pressure onto the pedal and headed out.