Chapter 47

It was strange, knowing I wouldn't be in F1 next year. We still hadn't announced it, mainly because I hadn't signed with W Series yet.

It was now the weekend, Lando had managed to persuade me to go to the driving range with him. He grabbed his clubs out of his garage, and put them in the back of his more sensible, road car. An Audi. He doesn't use it often, its just an A1, small and out the way. "Come on it'll be fun!"

I groaned as I got into the passenger seat, "I don't know. But still, it's worth a shot."

"There's the spirit!" he chuckled.

I scoffed and Lando pulled out of his driveway, and we began the journey. 

Pulling into the driving range, I was now excited. I'd never really properly played golf, I mean, I've been to a driving range before. My grandad used to bring me when I was a teenager. We got some balls from the machine and set up at the very end, mainly so we were out of the eye of people. 

"Right are you ready?", an enthusiastic Brit asked. Smiling from ear to ear. 

I smiled back, nodding and pulling out one of his golf clubs. He chuckled at me, "Wrong one." 

I went red as a cherry with embarrassment and put it back, Lando giggled and pulled the right one out, "Here. Try one of these first." 

I took the club, placed my ball on the tee and stood parallel to it. "Sky, do you know how to hold the club?" 

"I'm not that stupid Norris. Yes, I know how to hold the club". I took a deep breath and tried to remember what my Grandad taught me when I was younger, feet shoulder width apart, right hand in front of the left on the club, thumbs facing forward, knees slightly bent. 

"Wow Morgan. You know your stuff." his eyebrows were raised at me, surprised I knew as much as I did. 

All I did was smirk at him, I took a deep breath, looked at the ball, looked at where I wanted it to go. I swung the club round my shoulders, kept my eye on the ball and smashed the club into it. The tiny white ball flew into the blue sky, not going miles, but far enough to have Lando shocked. 

"I thought you were nervous about coming here? You didn't want to!" he complained. 

I looked at the ground, "Well, I didn't know I could still do THAT! I'm as surprised as you that I can  still swing that well". Chuckling, Lando took his place onto the patch of turf and placed his own ball on the tee. He then took a few swings, hitting a few balls all in a straight line. I had another few gos, then he switched the club to a driver. The bad boy. I had a quick go and I swung, hitting it with a loud echo. The ball soared into the sky, going even further than the last balls I hit. 

After a few cheeky hits at the driving range, we called it a day and headed back to Lando's. Despite paying for a house of my own, I still spent most of my time in Woking. It was now 4:30 in the afternoon, "Hey Lan, I'll cook tea tonight." 

"Are you sure?" he called from the bathroom, I was getting changed in our room. I felt a pair of joggers were suitable enough. 

"Yes its fine, I want to! My treat". insisting as Lando as came out the bathroom. He nodded at me as he pulled his shirt on, he could tell I was enjoying the view. Once he pulled the t shirt on, I pouted at him and he raised his eyebrows, shrugged his shoulders, kissed me on the cheek and walked out. The cheek that man has. God. 

I made us a simple meal, a chilli and garlic seasoned salmon fillet with potatoes and broccoli. It was actually very nice! Even Lando agreed, which clearly says something. As usual, we headed to bed and just watched Criminal Minds. I had managed to get Lando hooked on it now too. It was an unhealthy obsession. 

Due to the unhealthy jet lag I would face, Lando and I made the decision to fly out to Mexico on the Sunday evening. We would also do a little bit of site seeing in Mexico City first. Hopefully my Spanish will come in handy. Checo and Carola had recommended us some restaurants and places to go so we were sorted for the first few days. 

The flight was long and boring, we arrived at 4pm Mexico time. After checking into the hotel and dumping our stuff, we changed into some shorts and t-shirts due to the weather and decided to go on a walk around the area. The hotel we were staying in now was different to the hotel we would be staying in on race weekend, only because the track is a little but further away. The walk we went on was beautiful. We walked through the city, it was bustling with night life. We came across one street in particular, it was rammed with food stalls and cafes. One older man stopped us, he lifted the tray he was holding and pushed it towards us kindly. On it were mini tacos, Lando and I looked at each other and we both shrugged our shoulders. We both knew we were on a diet but oh well, one mini taco won't kill us. We both picked one up and thanked the man, "Gracias." I smiled. I also gave the man some money out of kindness. He wasn't homeless or anything, but still. It never hurt to give back to the people of the world. 

We continued walking for a bit, and ate our tacos, which were delicious by the way, until we got to a small park and Lando stopped. "I love you. So much." 

I turned to face him, I good feel the heat gently rising to my cheeks, "I love you too Lando. More than you know."

a/n = oh my gosh, what are we thinking? just wait, it gets better...