Chapter 23

(A/N - thank u for 4,000 reads❤️‍🔥
— i cannot believe this story has this many reads!
thank you guys for your support and please don't be a silent reader :)

"Don't tell Jon or Holly about this." Lando chuckled.

"Oh don't worry, I won't" Sky replied.

She then opened up the covers for Lando to slide in next to her. Lando then grabbed the tv controller from Sky and turned on Netflix.

"Hey! I was doing that!" Sky shouted.

Lando turned to look at her, "Oh don't worry. I'm sure you'll get a chance at some point." he teased.

Sky opened her mouth to say something but quickly closed it and snuggled into the side of Lando whilst he turned on her favourite show at the moment, Criminal Minds.

Sky smiled at Lando who looked down at her with his big blue eyes.

____

Friday's free practise sessions were relatively simple. Go to the track, drive a couple laps, come back to the pits, look at some data, and then go back out again.

Sky placed her Red Bull nicely in 4th for FP1 and 5th for FP2. Sky however, was not happy. She knew she could do better. But she decided to not put too much pressure on herself and prepare for quali tomorrow.

Lando had a nice run, with his Mclaren 6th in both sessions. Max on pole for both and Danny Ric was 7th and then 9th.

Sky had just finished up in the media pen when she was approached by Charlotte Sefton.

"Hey Charlotte. What can I do for you?" Sky wondered.

Charlotte pulled her over to the side of a truck, "Sorry, I can't obviously be seen with you technically either. But I just wanted you to know that Maria and I have been against your little no contact suggestion, and we have been having regular conversations with Christian and Zak and since it has been a while. I have heard that they are considering lifting your restrictions."

Sky's face lit up! "Seriously? That's great. So, what will happen if they do lift them?"

"Well, you obviously, can't really be seen together just you and Lando. But you should be able to meet up with Lando and Daniel or the other drivers you are friends with."

Sky nodded in agreement.

"Um actually Charlotte? I have something I think you should know." Sky whispered.

"Sky, if you are about to tell me that you and Lando are dating then I know."

Sky's mouth dropped. "How? Ho- ho- did you know?"

"I'm not stupid Sky. I can see you two looking at each other, smiling, winking, waving. Anyone who is not stupid can figure it out. I'm surprised Zak hasn't."

Sky and Charlotte chuckled.

"Oh. So, yes we are dating. What happens now then?"

"To be honest Sky, I don't know. There has never been a rule put in place that you cannot date a fellow driver. Mainly because there has never been a female driver. But don't tell Lando about this. I don't want to get both of your hopes up."

Sky hugged Charlotte.

"Thank you so much. You have no idea what this means." muttered Sky.

"Anytime Sky. Please, if you ever need a friend to talk to, I'm here. My number is on my card, here." Charlotte handed Sky her card and walked off to the McLaren hospitality.

Sky's heart melted. The thought of being able to go out in public again with Lando and some of her other friends, but mainly Lando, warmed her body.

But what would they do now? Would they tell the world about them? Tell there close friends? Or just keep it a secret? Who knows, but it was all going down soon.

____

SKY POV

Qualifying had just finished and I had nicely placed my car in 4th. I can't lie. It wasn't my best performance, but Paul Ricard is not my favourite circuit. It's just not in my top 10 tracks. But hey, tomorrow is a new day.

I went straight to my driver's room and changed into my gear before heading out for the usual post-quali interviews.

I had an interview with Sky Sports and Ziggo Sport, when my head PR manager, Maria, walked over to me and Jules.

"Hey Maria." Whilst adjusting my hair into a low bun.

"Hello Sky, Jules. I need the both of you to come to the FIA building in 10 minutes. It's urgent."

"Yes boss." I replied.

Maria walked away as Jules looked at me, I just shrugged my shoulders. I had an inkling on what it could be. Especially after the conversation me and Charlotte had yesterday. I couldn't stop thinking about it whilst me and Jules walked into the building.

A security member then directed us to the room the meeting was being held and we walked in. I wasn't surprised when I saw the same crowd of people as last time, minus Daniel. It was Lando, Zak, Charlotte, Maria, Jules, Christian, Zak and I.

We respectfully took our seats and the McLaren CEO, Zak Brown, stood up.

"Hello to you all, and thank you for coming. I expect you all know why we are sat in this room once again. Christian and I have had a long conversation about this uncomfortable topic and have come to a reasonable conclusion. But we feel we need to discuss this as a group first. Christian?"

Zak sat down and I looked at Christian as he stood up to take his turn.

"Yes, so following what Zak said, we have come to some sort of conclusion. Lando, Sky. After the last meeting we had and hearing what you all said. I think it's fair to say, you all made valuable points. But there is one question we do need to confirm. Lando, Sky are you two involved in a relationship?"

Shit.

I looked at Lando for confirmation and he nodded ever so slightly to let me know he was okay with sharing this information.

I took that as a yes, and looked at Christian, who was waiting for an answer.

"Yes. We are."

Lando looked at me with a gesturing smile. I can't lie, I was glad that was off our chests. I just hoped Lando felt the same.

****

so i wanted to just hop into the whole contact lift thing so i apologise if it's a bit rushed😅