Chapter 22

She said her goodbyes and walked into the French sun.

Sky walked around the village and decided to go into this little cafe for a light lunch.

As she walked in, she could smell French pastries and all sorts of others foods.

A waitress showed her to a little table in the corner of the window.
Sky sat down and asked for a cup of coffee. The waiter returned a few minutes later, "Merci." Thanked Sky.

All of a sudden, a young French man came and sat down opposite Sky.

She was confused. "Puis-je vous aider? (Can I help you?)"

"Désolé, tu es tellement belle. (Sorry, you are just so gorgeous.)" he said.

"Uhhh, merci? (Thanks?)" she replied.

When all of a sudden a familiar face came into the cafe.

"Ahh Sky! How have you been? I've missed you!"

"Hi Carlos! Nice to see you too." hesitated Sky.

The blonde French boy looked Carlos up and down. "Qui est-ce? (Who is this?)"

Sky fake-smiled at the boy, "Mon petit ami. (My boyfriend)"

"Oh je vois, passe une bonne journée jeune fille. (Oh, I see, uh, have a good day young lady)" he smiled.

The Frenchman sulkily walked off to the other side of the cafe and Carlos sat down in his seat.

"So, what did you tell him? He left pretty quickly." Carlos asked.

"Oh I just told him you were my boyfriend so he would leave me alone."

"Ahh okay. I saw you sat uncomfortably when I walked past so I thought I'd come and save you." he chuckled.

"Gracias, mi amigo." Sky returned. "Fancy some lunch?"

"Oh go on then. Also, I didn't know you spoke french?" Carlos looked intrigued.

"Oh yeah I speak loads of languages. Not completely fluent in them but I know the baselines."

Carlos sat up, "So, which ones then?"

"Hmm let me think, French, Spanish,"
His face lit up.
"Italian, and very very basic Dutch."

"Wow. I'm impressed Sky. Español huh?"

"Sí, me gusta español. (Yes, I like Spanish)"

"Ahh muy bien. (Ahh very good)" Carlos replied.

A waitress returned with some food and the two began eating. Carlos was a good friend to Sky and they both weren't interested in each other in that way. Just a simple competitive friendship.

——

Sky and Carlos finished their food, had a conversation in Spanish and then they departed ways.

Sky returned to the hotel and ran herself a hot bath.

She let the soapy water roam over her body and relaxed into the bath.

Sky had always enjoyed having time to herself. It made her feel at home when she could just take a bit out of her day for herself.

Sky's evening was pretty chill. A facetime call from Lando, a quick conversation with Carlos laughing about their earlier meeting, and a nice room service delivery of chicken ceaser salad.

As normal, her alarm went off at 7 for media day. Sky pulled on some gym shorts and a sports bra and went for her run. She had missed her running for a couple of months and desperately wanted to get back into it.