Chapter 17

(A/N - Thank you for 2k reads! I never expected to get this far❤️
What are your Baku predictions?)

Sky felt amazing, she had just won her first Grand Prix.

She turned around whilst everyone was clapping and patting her back and looked at her car in front of the No.1 sign.

It took a second to sink in what exactly happened.

Next up, Max approached her, "Congrats Sky!". He picked her up and hugged her tight. Sky thought of Max as a brother, there wasn't much of an age gap but still.

"Thanks Max! Congrats on P2! Double podium!" Sky returned.

He laughed and turned around and walked to his stand. Sky did the same, hers was in the middle. With a massive 1 plastered on the front of it.

She removed her helmet and pulled her ponytail out of her race suit. She quickly redid it into a low messy bun before putting the baseball cap with 1st stitched in gold, onto her head.

Sky followed the staff member into the building which led up to the podium. The other two podium finishers, George and Max, were already up ready for to walk out. George walked over and hugged her tightly.

"I am so proud of you Sky." he said.

"Aww thanks Georgie. Congrats on P3!" she replied.

He smiled and walked out when he heard his name being called. Max was next and then it was Sky.

"And your race winner, Sky Morgan!"

Sky walked out onto the balcony and stepped onto the podium. They then all stood quietly and waited for the British national anthem to begin.

Once the trophies were handed out, the three picked up their champagne bottles and began spraying each other violently, but funny. George and Max both drowned Sky in it. She loved it.

After the podium celebration, Sky returned to Jules and they hopped into the SUV and headed towards the post race briefing. Sky got a lot of fist bumps from the drivers as she walked towards the Red Bull hospitality.

"Hola Sky." said one Carlos Sainz.

"Hola mi amigo. Buena carrera hoy!" (Good race today!)

"Ahh gracias Sky. But you crushed everyone out there." Carlos chuckled.

She laughed. "What can I say?"

They chuckled and parted ways.

——

Time had passed and Sky had finished all the interviews, debriefs and meetings. She had just got back to her hotel room when her phone started pinging.

Core Four👊🏼

Alex: Heyyyyyyyyy! So, I think we need to celebrate Sky's awesome win today and go out. Who is in?

Lando: Hell yeah!

George: Phhh. Do I even need to answer that?

You: Yes, yes we do. But on one condition...

Lando: Of course there's a condition