Chapter 49

"Lando. Lando hit you."

Lando? He would never crash into me? Would he?

"What? What happened? Oh my god. Can someone just get me the fuck out of this ruddy car." my voice began to get louder. I was hurting, my body was upside down and the blood rushing to my head. Which therefore meant I was getting angry and impatient.

"Sky, calm down. Marshalls are about to flip you right way up."

I waited for a minute, then I felt something moving the car. Then with another loud thud, I was facing right way round. And a group of people crowding around me, rushing to check I was okay and get me out of the car. One marshall, a young woman, helped me out of the car, "Are you okay? Can you walk?"

"Lets find out." I chuckled. After bum wriggling off the halo and front wing, I stepped onto the gravel. FUCK ME. "Ow."

She looked at me, "How bad?"

I brushed her off, "It hurts but I think I can walk."

The woman continued to hold onto my body, my arm around her shoulder. I was a fair bit taller than her. I stepped onto my right leg, a shooting pain rose up from my ankle. I cried out loud. The woman instantly sat me down on the floor, she took my helmet off and I pulled my balaclava off. Tears were streaming down my face, soaking my cheeks. My head hurt. My leg hurt. My ankle was screaming in pain. My elbow was bashed. My confidence knocked.

Then I heard a familiar voice. "Hey, hey! Let me see if she's alright."

It was Lando. I then remembered he was the reason I was in this much pain and not running P2 in the race. "Lando. Go away."

"Sky-"

"No Lando. You are the reason I'm sat on the fucking floor in pain. Go away. Please." I sniffled, tears running down again.

One of the Marshalls escorted him back to the pit lane and I waited for the medical car. It arrived and I was immediately put onto a stretcher and stuck into the back of an ambulance. Holly was in the ambo with me. We didn't talk on the journey, I was in too much pain. The paramedics dosed me up with morphine and we begun the 30 minute journey to the nearest hospital.

An hour or two had passed, I wasn't too sure. My head was all over the place. I had been in and out of consciousness on the journey here. I had clearly hit my head on the halo pretty hard in the crash.

Holly came into my room, "Lando's here."

I scoffed, ignoring what she said, "What time is it?"

Holly sat down, "8PM. You know, he's a mess. He was all over the place when he got back to the pits. I listening to his radio and watched all the onboards with Aid. After he tried to go and help you, he walked into the McLaren garage and wouldn't talk to anyone at all. He blames himself, as he should, but he didn't do it on purpose. They were tricky conditions. These things happen. Its just bad luck it was you and Lando."

I let out a heavy sigh, "I know."

I was being blunt with Holly, I wasn't in the mood to hear about how sad and upset Lando was, oh poor Lando. He was crying whilst I was sat upside down in a fucking car, nearly just lost my life.

That night was uncomfortable as ever. My neck hurt like crazy and I couldn't roll over because my foot was wrapped up, and achy.

Monday morning, it was only 1 day until I was meant to be signing with W Series. I immediately picked up my phone, shit, Catherine had phoned me an hour ago. I phoned her back straight away. After a few rings, she answered:

"Hello Sky, I saw the crash, how are you?"

I sighed gently, "I'm okay, bit banged and bruised. Still in hospital in Mexico. Sorry I didn't answer before, I was asleep still."

"No, no worries about the call. How bad are your injuries?" she asked.

"I'm not sure, my X-Ray results come back today from my ankle, my elbow is bruised and my neck hurts from whiplash. And my head too from concussion. I passed out for a bit apparently. Apart from that I'm okay." I finished, listing off my injuries.

"Aww. Hope your results aren't too bad. Its a triple header now. Brazil and Qatar. I'm guessing you are not going to be in England tomorrow?"

I felt nervous all of a sudden, scared she had changed her mind about signing me, I don't know why I had that thought, but it crossed my mind. "No. Unless I am discharged today, I doubt I will be in England tomorrow. I'm half tempted to just fly straight to Brazil to be honest, if im not too injured."

"Okay. I don't blame you. I am in Brazil for the F1 anyway. Why don't I fly out the Team Principal for Veloce and we can sign you on the 13th?" Catherine enquired.

"Uhh let me check. The 13th sounds familiar, that's the Saturday." I paused momentarily whilst I thought what was important. "I know something is happening on Saturday, I just can't put my finger o-. SHIT. Its Lando's birthday on Saturday. Oh my gosh, please excuse my language." I went bright red at what I'd just said.

Catherine chuckled, "Don't worry about your language Sky, you're an adult. Maybe signing you on your boyfriends birthday will be a very good idea? What about before? Or after, we want to get it done quickly though."

"I know, I want it done soon too. I'll see if I'm discharged from hospital today. If I am, I'll be at the factory tomorrow as planned. If not, how about Monday next week? The 15th?" I asked back, biting my thumb with angst.

There was a short pause on Catherines end, "Yes. That will work. If you can't get here tomorrow, next Monday at the factory it is. Recover well Sky, and let me know if you are discharged today or whether the injuries are more serious."

I nodded, "I will. Thank you Catherine."

We exchanged thank yous and said goodbye just as the doctor walked in, "Señorita Morgan. We have your x-ray results."

I inhaled deeply, anxious for the words that were to come out of his mouth next.

"Your ankle is heavily bruised, but not broken. Your elbow will be fine, so will you neck and head. I suggest you use a crutch for the next week, just so your ankle can heal. It will only take a few days for the swelling and bruising to go down, I'll give you a brace to support it. However, that does mean you cannot race in Brazil." he concluded.

My heart sank, no race in Brazil. But I love Brazil? It's like, one of my favourites. Shit. "What about Qatar? In two weeks?"

The Doctor looked at the x-rays and his notes, "If you can walk normally without a single ounce of pain, you can race. But I would suggest you see another medical professional before you get in the car, just to be sure. Apart from that, you are free to leave the hospital today."

I was thankful it wasn't broken, but annoyed I couldn't race this weekend, especially after the fact I didn't finish yesterdays race. I said thank you to the doctor, and an hour later I was on the next flight home. I still wasn't in a mood to talk to Lando. I said I would talk to him when I'm back in Woking later this evening.

And that I did, I walked through the front door of his house, the first thing that happened was the smell of tomato ravioli hitting my nose.

"I'm home."

okay, so this chapter was chaotic, and i rewrote it so many times omg.
predictions for qatar?? 

STAY SAFE AND LOVE YOU ALL XxX