Chapter 28

6AM the following morning. I woke up to the gorgeous Surrey sun.

I pulled on my sports bra and leggings and went for a run in my local park. I absolutely love my area. It's so calm and peaceful. The park I run in is full of life and happiness. The nature surrounds me like a blanket.

I stopped at the post office on the way home and picked up some leftover parcels I have. Mainly the ones I wasn't home to collect. I forgot I had so many clothes on order. From SHEIN, PLT and Zara.

I spend a good 30 minutes going through and opening my packages, trying on some new clothes. A lot of them fitted nicely. Being an F1 driver, I have to maintain a strong core and body. So my physique doesn't change over the year that much.

Then I made myself some lovely avocado and tomatoes on toast for a brunch type of lunch. I spent the day relaxing in my garden listening to music, doing some gardening, watching telly and relaxing. Summer was approaching in England and it was getting hotter by the week. I had now invested in a air conditioning unit from Argos, because my room becomes a sauna at night and I can't stand the heat.

My phone started buzzing on the coffee table at about 6:30.

"Hey Lan!" I said as I answered the Facetime call.

"Hey babe, how are you?"

"I'm good thank you, how have you been? I bet it's been awful without me being there."

The smile on his face disappeared.

"Lan?" I whispered.

"I got a call from Mum this morning. Flo fell off her horse at her show. She's in pretty bad shape Sky. Her head hit the ground first and she may have damaged her spine."

My heart stopped. I know how much Lando cared for his sisters. He was so protective over them, hell he spoke to them more than he did his parents. He loved all of his siblings, I knew this one hit hard.

"Oh Lando. I'm so sorry. Why didn't you call sooner?"

"Because I didn't want to interrupt your you time Sky. I know how much you enjoy your time alone." He whispered back, holding back the tears.

"Lando. You should've phoned me. I'm coming over okay." I said with a soft tone.

"You don't have-"

I cut him off, "Yes I do. I'll be there soon okay. Hold tight."

I hung up before he could respond, chucked some stuff in my backpack and raced out the house. I cranked up the engine of my Nissan. I hadn't even been home 24 hours yet, but Lando needed me. He loved Flo, therefore I also cared for her. I put some music on to cheer up the ride and put my foot down the minute I hit the motorway.

LANDO POV

Sky had just hung up the Facetime. I knew she would react like that. No matter when I told her. I can't lie, it's nice to know she cares that much about my family and I. I love her. I just hope she knows how much.

I spent the next hour worrying on my sofa until my phone rang.

"Hey Mum." I said quietly.

"Hello Lan. Can you come to the hospital please? Flo wants to see you." she asked.

"Of course. Sky is on her way here now. I'll meet you there with her."

"Okay. But be quick please Lando. Your sister needs you."

She hung up the phone and I checked the Find My app to see where Sky was. She was still 5 minutes away. Could I wait that long? Who was more important?

I made the decision. I left my house. I locked the door, and messaged Sky.

Just as I was starting up my car engine and about to pull out my drive. Sky's white Nissan appeared round the corner. I felt a sigh of relief. I switched off the engine, jumped out and ran to her car. She pulled over on the pavement and I literally threw myself in the car. One word came out of my mouth.

"Drive."

Sky knew I wasn't in a mood to talk. She did exactly what I asked. Her foot hit the pedal and we were off. Speeding away on the 45 minute drive to the hospital in Epsom. It was the nearest hospital to Flo's show. Sky wasn't afraid to get caught on speed cameras. We flew down the motorway. She pulled some risky overtakes to make sure we had a clean path in front of us. I was grateful that Sky wanted me to get there. But now she was going just a little bit too fast.

"Sky. Slow down." I asked.

"Why? I'm not going that fast and your sister needs you." she replied. Eyes on the road.

"Sky you're doing 120 on a motorway. Flo wants to see me alive. Not dead." I chuckled.

"Sorry Lan. I just want to get you there." she said as she relieved some pressure from the throttle.

"Thank you for that. But let's get there in one piece." I smiled.

Sky nodded in return and maintained a steady pace. Putting the foot down again when an overtake was necessary. We arrived at the hospital and we both ran straight up to the ward. Mum and Dad were outside talking with the doctor.

Mum noticed Sky and I. "Hello guys. Thank you for being here. This must be Sky. Sorry we have to meet under these circumstances. I'm Cisca, this is my husband Adam. Our children Cisca and Oliver are in the room with Flo."

"Hello Mrs Norris. That's okay, really. I want to be here to support you all where I can." Sky smiled back.

I could feel that Mum liked Sky. I'm glad.

"Mum I'm gonna go and see the others." I whispered. She nodded in return.

I walked in to the room to see Oliver and Cisca either side of Flo's bed.

"Hey Flo." I whispered.

She looked up at me and smiled. I joined Oliver on his side of her bed and Cisca began explaining what happened.

SKY POV
Lando walked into Flo's room. Cisca and Adam were sat outside on chairs.

"Sky, I just want to say thank you for coming tonight. This is probably not how you wanted to spend your evening." she smiled.

I felt her pain, "It's okay Cisca. Really. Lando needs me, so I am here for him."

She pulled me in for a hug and Adam joined too. I felt a sense of being at home with the Norris family.

The next few hours were spent in the hospital. Lando and I refused to go home when it got later in the night. We ended up sleeping in a hotel bed in the room next door. His parents went home but we stayed. Cisca went home with her mum and dad but Oliver also stayed.

Flo fell asleep around 10. That's when everyone started to leave and go to sleep.

••••••••••
can i just say, hungary was chaos. it was mad. congrats for esteban tho🥰

hope you all enjoy the chapter!

xxxx