Chapter 53

i'm so so sorry for not uploading guys! school has me swamped with exams! final quali of 2021 today, predictions?🤟🏼

STAY SAFE AND LOVE YOU ALL XX

🏎🏎🏎🏎

LANDO POV

The sun was bright through the curtains as my eyelids tore themselves apart, revealing the bright white ceiling. I rolled over, to be met with Sky's back, and her long brown hair. I could tell she was on her phone because I could see the light reflected. I slid my arm around her waist.

"Morning sleepyhead." she said.

"Mhm, morning." I replied, kissing her neck. She rolled over to face me, she placed her hands on my cheeks and gently rubbed her thumbs over my soft skin. Ever since me and Sky shared a house, or a hotel room, she makes me do a mini skincare routine, and I can't lie, it works miracles.

All of a sudden, two loud knocks sounded on the door. Sky raised her brow at me, "I think you should get that."

"Why?" I questioned.

Sky rolled her eyes in return, "Just answer the door, put a shirt on first though."

I pulled on a grey Clover Motors t-shirt on and headed to the door, I opened it and had a confetti gun shot in my face, whilst people shouted 'Happy Birthday' at me. It took me a moment to realise what was going on. Once I had reopened my eyes, and brushed the confetti off my face, Sky had wedged herself under my arm and a huge smile grew on my face because six people were stood in front of me, Carlos, Charles, Danny, Max, George and Alex.

The Spaniard stepped forward and pulled me into a hug, "Happy birthday mi amigo."

"Ahh gracias Carlos. What is this?" I smiled staring at the large box on a hotel tray.

Sky slid out from my arm, "Ah. Well, this is for your birthday. I'd open it now if I were you."

I smiled and slowly pulled the lid off, it revealed the most amazing cake. It had orange icing on, and edible pictures of me with everyone on. Sky and I. Carlos on our first official day in McLaren, George, Alex and I in our Rookie of the Year interview a few years back. Loads more. The white letter read: Happy 22nd Birthday Lando!

"And you thought I would forget your birthday, never!" Sky giggled.

I was confused, "How did you know I wondered if you'd forgot?"

"Because you talk in your sleep," Sky then began to imitate me, "Oh Sky, dont forget it, my birthday, don't forget it."

I went rhubarb red. The heat was rising to my cheeks faster than a star falling from space. "Oh. Well, thank you baby. I love you."

"Aha, I love you more." she replied, kissing me gently knowing the others were watching. I said thank you to the lads, and brought the cake into our room. I kept it in the box because I didn't want it to go stale.

"I can't believe you thought I would forget your birthday." Sky laughed.

I pouted, "its not funny. You hadn't mentioned it all week. I was doubting myself, questioning myself if I'd ever told you when my birthday is!"

"Lando, all I have to do is google you." she replied, raising her eyebrows at me once again.

"Oh yeah. Whoops. Forgot about that." I chuckled to myself, why didn't I think of that? to be fair, I have never felt the need to google myself or Sky. I googled Carlos though! Because why not? It was quite funny to see what it came up with, I even edited his Wikipedia page so it said, 'His best mate is also Lando Norris, hi Carlos.'

It was great.

I arrived at track, headed to hospitality for Charlotte to scream behind me, "Ahhh happy birthday to my favourite child!"

I spun on my heels when I heard the Brit, "Ahh thank you, but I'm your only child."

"Ah, that is very true. At least you are my favourite. Got any plans?" she shrugged.

I thought for a moment, "Not that I know of, no. But knowing Sky she'll have something up her sleeve."

"Of course she will, mysterious woman that one. But a keeper."

I smiled and looked at the ground, "Definitely a keeper, she was playing with Penelope, Max' stepdaughter, the other day and it was so wholesome."

Charlotte looked at me, "Would you ever want kids? With Sky, or just in general?"

"Of course. I would love kids. And yes, with Sky. But not yet, if we have kids, we can't be in F1, or Sky can't at least. So we've got a year more at least. Plus, I don't know if I would want them so young. Maybe early thirties."

"Thats sweet Lando. That you want to have kids with Sky. She loves you, you haven't even been together very long, 4 months I think. But I can already tell you both love the shit out of each other."

I blushed, "Ahh thanks Charlotte. I appreciate it. Now, what's to do first?"

And with that, we continued with the day.

Saturday was a good day, not only was it my birthday, but FP3 and quali. FP3 I was 5th, and in quali I nicely put my McLaren P4. Without Sky on the track, I basically gained an extra place. Liam Lawson had the pace, but he wasn't Red Bull material, he was P9 I think. Whereas Sky and Max are in the top five almost every week without fail. Max is almost always on pole.

I returned to the hotel with lots of fan gifts, cards, presents, and a massive smile. I opened the door to find Sky on the bed. "Hey babe, well done on P4! I'm so so proud of you, and especially on your birthday!"

"Thank you baby. How's your ankle?"

"Its actually much better, it doesn't hurt anymore, I can walk without the crutches. Also, instead of going out tonight, I thought we could go out on Monday when we are back in Surrey, only because then we will be able to have a drink and stay out late. Is that okay?" she asked, a worried look on her face.

"Yes that's fine, why wouldn't it be? What are we doing tonight instead?"

Sky thought for a moment, "Pizza and movies, with a slice of cake to finish. I'm sure Jon will let you off today."

"Yeah, right before race day. Okay, I'll go for a run tomorrow morning and I won't eat as much tonight." I responded.

"Lan, I'll order you a salad as well. Still getting some greens." Sky giggled, picking up the hotel phone.

An ever so tiny sigh of relief left my mouth, "Thank you. I'm going to shower, then I'll be out."

"Okay."

The evening was lovely, despite the fact we didn't go out, we had a laugh. There was pizza, and cake, and dancing, and movies, and laughter, and Sky. Just Sky, she was enough. She was happy, energetic, full of life, patient, loving, caring, kind, tolerant. She was everything I loved.

And that's all I needed right now.

Her.