Chapter Nine

SKY POV

Monaco. This was the big one. Big parties, big events, big celebs. Even if you didn't like F1, the Monaco race was on your calendar. Every rich person in the world was pretty much there.

I loved Monaco. It was my favourite race, and it has forever been my dream to land a podium there. I did in F2, but its never the same as Formula One.

I was up by 6:30, jogged until 7. Showered, got ready and headed to breakfast at 8. The breakfast room was crammed this morning, as I left the elevator, I saw Jules calling me over.

"What's up Jules?" I asked as I approached her.

"Nothing, just that Max had already left because Monaco is a big one for him. As it is for all of you, feel free to sit with whom you want this morning, and I will come find you at 8:45."

"Ok Jules. Thanks." I smiled. Typical of Max to go early. When it's a big race, he likes to jog the track in the morning to get in the mood.

I grab some coffee and a plate of warm food. I turn around and see them, Alex, George, and Lando. I walk over and take my seat.

"Morning gents."

"Good morning, m'lady." Chuckled George. "So, Monaco. Who's ready? Because I can say with confidence I am not. I start P15 but I am still nervous."

"Oh George, get over yourself." Says Alex, we all laugh at his comment.

"What about you Lando?" I ask. We make eye contact for a brief minute, but he answers, and it is over.

"I'm pretty chilled. Don't get me wrong, I love Monaco. But the actual track is all over the place. I am looking forward to it though. Quali was pretty smooth, hoping to overtake Danny and Charles. But I expect he will be out for a podium seeing as this is his home race."

"Ugh," I cut in, "I would die to live in Monaco, but on a rookie's salary, I have no chance." I joke. The boys all took it lightly, they had all been through this stage. As a rookie, your profit is much less than when you have been in the sport for a season or two.

"Just ask Charles, I'm sure he would let you move in." Alex chuckled.

I smiled, "Yeah, but only if I pay half the rent. I'm still upset about him and Charlotte though! They were the perfect Instagram couple!"

Everyone nodded.

Time passed and we all talked about the race, the track, fans, and then it was time to go. I waved to Jules as she approached the table.

"Morning Jules." Says George. He is such a polite gentleman, I love him – as a friend of course.

"Morning lads, unfortunately I have to steal Miss Morgan away from you, time for pre-race debrief."

"Ahh, that's ok Jules. They won't miss me." I chuckle. I look at all the boys who put on a pouty face, I laugh and leave the breakfast room.

LANDO POV

I watched Sky walk off into the lobby, I was awoken from my trance when George asked me a question.

"Hey Lando, dude? There we go, back on Earth. So, what is going on between you and Miss Red Bull Racing?" George asked.

"What?" I looked at him, "Nothing is going on, we are just friends."

Alex butted in, "Yeah, yeah. Mate we have seen how you look at each other. You're head over heels for her. I don't blame you, she's gorgeous. I'm quite surprised that not every driver on the grid is following her around like a puppy."

I looked at Alex, "Look, she's cute. Don't get me wrong, she's gorgeous. Her hair, her eyes."

"Alright mate, we get the point."

"But I just. I don't know. I have been debating whether or not to ask her out or not. We went back to her room after Charles' and unintentionally fell asleep watching tv and then I sent breakfast up to her room yesterday and ugh. I know its bad to date a colleague, so I have been putting it off." I finish.

George looks at me, he looks as if he is about to give me a lecture, what a surprise. Here he goes.

"Look, if you like her, ask her out. You clearly both fancy the shit out of each other. She didn't stop staring at you all through breakfast. Ask her. But if you break her heart, I will run you over with my car and then do donuts over your dead arse."

I was slightly taken back but nodded and stood up, "Copy that."

I was going to ask her out. When, I don't know. How, I don't know that part either. But I was going to do it. Oh god I hope she says yes.

SKY POV

Biggest race of the season in t-minus 4 minutes. I'm sat in the car on the grid, slightly nervous would be an understatement.

"Sky? Radio check. Radio check." Came a voice from my engineer, Adrian.

"Copy, loud and clear Aid."

"Okie dokie. Let's push today, aim for a podium. If we overtake Bottas we have it. Max is on pole, Russell in second, Bottas in third and Leclerc behind you."

"Yep, copy that."

I prepare as the mechanics and engineers run off the grid so we can start the formation lap. As I'm weaving around the track, being careful not to crash, I check how the tires feel and if the engine is smooth. Everything sounds good.

Until I hear a massive bang behind me. Sounded like an engine.

"Aid what was that?"

"Uh, hang on a moment Sky. Uhh... uh.... So, it looks like Stroll has gone into the back of Gasly and caused Pierre's engine to explode. Don't worry everyone is ok. Please just focus on the race, those two are out and will come into the pits at the end of this lap."

I nod. Even though Aid can't see me. I square the car up in the right spot on the grid.

"Here we go." I mumble to myself.

Next thing I know, the lights have gone out and we are racing in the streets of Monaco.

(A/N - I am getting chapters out quick because I have loads back logged and drafted. Hope you enjoy, I am on my Easter break so should be good. Also, THANK YOU FOR 300 READS. :)

I am loving writing this story and expect some more to come in the near future.)