Chapter 28

I drive quickly on the empty roads, the only source light was being provided by the dim lampposts that were scattered around. I drive for a little while, pulling up to the house I didn't think I would come back to anytime soon.

I kill the engine and toss my used up cigarette out the car window before opening up the car door and stepping out. I walk into the sidewalk and up to his door. I know I shouldn't be coming here, but this is the only place where I'm sure I'll get what I need right now. I knock on the door, positive that he'd still be awake, even though it was getting a little late.

After a little bit, the door opens and Nash finally reveals himself, without a shirt on and pants slightly undone. "Oh.. Hey." He says, brushing his hair back with a slightly confused look on his face. I don't blame him. "I didn't expect you to be back so soon.." He says and chuckles rather awkwardly.

I look behind him and notice a girl on his couch with nearly all her clothes off and scattered around the floor. "I didn't expect you to move on so quickly.." I say, as a slight joke.

He gives another awkward chuckle, "Uh, yeah well, Stacy's just a friend.." He says.

"So am I, so no harm done." I point out and push past him, inviting myself into his small house. "Nice to meet you Stacy, I'm sure you're just as pretty with clothes on." I say and smile at her, not really caring about her presence as I looked around his house for what I needed. She gives me an annoyed look and grabs a shirt, covering herself up.

"Do you need something, Riley?" Nash asks, following me after he closed the door. "I mean.. I was kind of busy.." He mumbles, gesturing to the girl.

I scoff in an amused manner, "Yeah, I can tell." I say. "I need some stuff." I add, continuing my search as I rummaged through his things.

"Such as?" He asks, not seeming too fond of me going through his things.

"Drugs." I answer. "And not baby stuff like weed or some shit.. I need the real shit, and I'll pay you for it." I say, stopping my search to turn and look at him.

"I told you, I don't have anything." He says. "Not for a little bit, you can come by next week and I'll have a brand new shipment." He says.

"Bullshit." I say, furrowing my brows. "What kind of drug dealer is wiped clean of everything? C'mom, you're not running some shitty business. I know that anyone who comes to you will a handful of cash at short notice, can still get what they want." I say and cross my arms. "And I can't wait until next week. I need them now, so can you get me what I need, please?" I say, getting a bit irritated.

He takes my arm and pulls me away a little bit. "Are you okay?" He asks. "You look like shit, Riley.. What happened?" He asks.

"Thanks, girls love hearing that.." I mumble and shake my head. "Can you just please do this for me.. If you care about me at all.." I say.

He sighs, "Fine.." He mumbles and pulls me over to a closet in the hallway, grabbing the duffle bag and opening it up, crouching down. "Take what you need.." He says. "And make it quick.. Before Stacy leaves." He says.

"How much for the whole bag?" I ask.

His eyes widen immediately, "Are you fucking kidding me, Riley?" He asks.

"I know you're not the brightest bulb in the bunch, Nash, but that's not a number.." I say.

"I'm not giving you all of it, Riley." This is all I've got until the next shipment.." He says.

"How about 3 grand?" I suggest, completely ignoring anything he said that didn't involve numbers.

"Woah.. Where the hell did you get 3 grand?" He asks.