Chapter 3

“I didn’t come for you, I came for the booze.” I say, brushing past his shoulder and into the pool of drunken teenagers. There’s plenty of alcohol in my house, believe me, but if I went anywhere near it, my mother would probably rip my hand off… no exaggeration. I walk into the kitchen, which seemed to be the quietest area of the house. There were a few people, maybe about 5 crowded around in the corner of the kitchen. They didn’t seem to know who I was, and didn’t pay any mind to me but I was glad for that. I sat on the fancy black marble counter top, dangling my feet off it, and grabbing the typical red solo cup which was filled half way with beer already. I down the cup in a split second, feeling a slight sting as it cascaded down my throat.

“Dang pretty lady, I didn’t know you drank.” Luke says, leaning on the frame of the arch in his kitchen.

I roll my eyes at him, “Why are you everywhere I turn?” I say annoyed. Why doesn’t he just leave me alone? Can’t he just see that I want to be left alone for like… ever?

He simply shrugs, hopping on the counter opposite of me. “Well, if you haven’t noticed, you’re in my house.” He says and smirks. I shrug, clearly not caring for what he has to say, and grab another cup from beside me, and down that just as quick. “You don’t need to get drunk to sleep with me babe.” He smiles and I roll my eyes, which just makes him faintly chuckle.

“Are you done?” I ask, clearly annoyed and just tired.  

He shrugs again, “Not really, but if you want me to leave you alone, just say they words.”

“Leave me alone.” I say quite coldly, right after he speaks. He nod’s and hops off of the counter, teeth sunken into his bottom lip and his natural smirk invisible.

“Call me when you need me.” He says casually, with a slight bit of a sigh, and he grabs another cup before walking out of the kitchen. I almost felt sort of bad. I’ve never actually seen him look almost disappointed before. Yeah sure he would have an occasional tough guy face and be serious when he’s about to fight some guy, but I’ve never seen him dissatisfied… and of course, its probably because of me... I’m always the one to make somebody disappointed.

That all happened about 7 cups ago. I kind of lost control but it doesn’t matter, I was just letting loose. Did I look like a mirror image of my mother right now? Possibly. Did I Care? Not really. I didn’t have theses nights often, which made it okay if I went out and got drunk. I’m a teenager for God’s sake. I have the opportunity act like one… my mother on the other hand, has no excuse. I hoped for years that my mother would just wake up and smell the coffee rather than her liquor, and act like a real mother. But as usual, she fails to realize that she has a daughter who could probably use some parenting, and continues to drink away her sorrows. I’m not her. Clearly I can take care of myself. I have been for the past 17 years… except for tonight, but tonight shouldn’t count.

I stumble through the hall way. A full cup of I don’t even know what is tightly in my hand as I try and keep my balance. I take a gulp of what now was my 8th cup (if you don’t count the 1 ½ from the kitchen) and swallow it with such ease. I walk over to the first door I see and swing it open. In my somewhat blurry vision I see Luke making out with some girl on what I assume is his bed. I start chuckling quite loudly, and they both turn to look at me. I cover my mouth, trying to stop my continuous laughter. In the process I wind up spilling about half my drink onto his carpet. Awe… I wanted that. My eyes widen, just realizing I had interrupted something that was so dear to his cold heart.

“Oh, I thought this was the bathroom!” I say laughing. “I- I have to pee, like, really, really bad.” I add, and take another sip of the little bit of drink I had left. “Wh-where is it?” I asked, confused. My words completely slurred, but I figured they could understand some of what I said.

Luke sighs loudly and sits up. “The last door down the hall.” He answers, and the unnamed girl doesn’t look very happy either.

I chuckle uncontrollably again, “Oh, I- I thought it was that one but I wanted to check this one first.” I say, my words slurring out from my mouth again.  “You-You can go back to eating each other now, just, just don’t hurt yourselves... It’s not nice.” I say slightly sad, not wanting anyone to get hurt. The very underdressed girl scoffs and gets off the bed, “I’ll see you later Luke…” she says, and gives me a strange look when she brushes past me.

“I, I’m gonna go pee now.” I say, and nod, my voice low and sounding tired. Luke simply groans in annoyance and falls back down onto his bed as I stumble across the hallway, trying to keep my balance as I go and pee.

I slowly opened my eyes and my vision is blurry, making it hard for me to become aware of my surroundings. I prop myself up on my forearms and rub my eyes until my vision goes back to normal. It immediately hits me that I’m clearly not in my own bedroom. It takes me a minute (or three) to remember the night before. As I take another look around the room that I’m in, I finally recognize it from last night. I’m in Luke Hemmings bed… And I don’t know how the fuck I got here.

(Sorry that this chapter was a little short! I will try and put out longer ones in the future!!)