Chapter 22

I wake up the next morning confused as to where I was for a minute, but I soon realize that I was in Luke's room. Memories of last night flood through my tired mind as I looked around, noticing the empty bedside next to me.

We slept together last night.

I take a deep breath, getting up and searching for my clothes. I finally do, and change into them. I walk downstairs, expecting to find Luke, but instead I was greeted by his mother who was cleaning the kitchen. "Oh, Hello dear." She smiles. I furrowed my brows, how was this not fazing her?

"Um, Hey Liz." I say, standing a bit awkwardly.

"How are you feeling today?" She asks. "I know last night was very rough on you.." She says softly.

"Fine.. Um, where's Luke?" I ask, looking around a bit.

"Oh, I'm not sure, he just said he had to be somewhere.." She shrugs. "I've learned not to question that boy over the years.." She chuckles softly, wiping one of the counters with a cloth.

I curl up my hand into a fist and take a deep breath, really? "Okay, if you see him, tell him to forget everything I said last night.." I say.

She gives me a confused look for a minute but nods, "Okay, dear." She says, "If you ever need a place to stay again, you're always welcome." She smiles softly.

I sigh, knowing she's just being sympathetic because my life is complete shit. "Thanks.. I have to go.." I say, pulling my shoes on that I had held on in one of my hands and leave before Liz could respond.

I don't even know where I am supposed to go. I don't want to see my mother right now, Luke's not here, and frankly I don't want to see him right now either. I have nobody else. I guess I have no choice but to go back to my house. I sigh to myself and start walking.

After walking for a bit, I finally get to my house, stepping up my porch steps and sitting down on the first one. I pull out my pack of cigarettes, lighting one up and putting it in between my lips. A few minutes later, I hear the front door open behind me. "I thought I smelled cigarettes..." I hear my mother say, but I ignore her and don't respond. She sighs, sitting down next to me on the steps. "Liz told me that you stayed at hers last night.." She says. "You left with Lance, I suppose?"

I roll my eyes, "Luke." I correct her.

She nods, "Right, sorry. Are you two serious?" She asks.

"Why do you care?" I ask, still not bothering to look at her, I just keep looking straight, taking a drag every once in a while.

"Because you're my daughter... And you haven't really been in a serious relationship since Dylan..." She says.

I simply just shrug.

"Are you two having sex?" She asks.

I scoff, taking another drag and blowing it out.

"Riley.." She tries.

I turn to look at her, "No, Not until we fucked last night and he didn't even bother to stay until the morning. He just bailed like I knew he would." I say. "There, Happy?" I say, turning my head back away.

She sighs, "I'm sure there was a reason, hun.." She says.

I shake my head, "Yeah, He's an asshole. He does this to all the girls and I was stupid enough to think, just for one second, that I was different to him..."

"Have you talked to him?" She asks.

"No; and I don't want too." I say.

"I think you should.." She says softly.

"Why? Just so I can embarrass myself? No thanks." I scoff, taking another drag.

"Do you really like him?" She asks.

I shrug, "I thought I did.."

"So then talk to him. He seemed like a good kid.. and you deserve to be happy Riley.." She says.

I take a deep breath, "Yeah, sure."

After a bit of silence, she speaks again. "I'm sorry for being a horrible mother.." She says gently.

I shrug again, "And I'm a horrible daughter, and Dad was a horrible father.. at least to us. It came as a package deal."

She sighs softly. "I'm sorry we didn't tell you about his son.." She says. "We thought it would just be better if you didn't know."

"Yeah well, I was clearly going to find out someday.." I point out.

"I know.. He was going to tell you, he wanted too. When he told me, we got into this big argument.. and I thought it would be best he leaves and takes care of his baby." She says.

"That's not fair to me." I say.

She nods, "I know. He wanted to tell you soon after the divorce... and maybe have you meet the boy, but he never got the chance.."

"Who's the lady who got knocked up?" I ask.

She sighs, "Karen." She says.

"I know that, but who the hell is she? Have I ever met her?" I ask.

"You remember that women I was talking to? She talked about seeing your father a lot.."

"Her?" I say, realization hitting me. "Does she know that you know about their kid?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "No.. She thinks we simply just got a divorce.."

"Wow.." I say, taking another drag, kicking some rocks with my feet.

"Um, Hun.. I think you have something to take care of.." She says, nodding her head over to what, or who was in front of me before going inside. I look up to see Luke leaning on his car. I toss my cigarette on the floor, and stand up, walking over to him.

"My mom gave me your message.." He speaks before I get the chance, putting his hands into the pocket of his jeans.

"Fuck off." I say, angrily.

He nods, "So what? You take everything back?" He says, ignoring my comment.

"Yeah, now go fuck yourself. Real nice Luke; fucking me and then leaving..." I say sarcastically. "Way to keep your reputation up."

"I didn't think you would wake up before I got back.." He says.

I roll my eyes, "Just save it... I don't know why I fell for your shit." I say.

"So do you wanna know?" He asks.

"Do I wanna know what?" I ask, annoyed he was still here.

"What I was doing?" He says.

"No, I couldn't care any less." I say honestly.

"Okay, well good, it's quite a long drive. We're having Lunch with Karen in a few hours, C'mon." He says, standing up fully.

"What?" I furrow my brows. Lunch with Karen..?

He opens his passenger's side door. "Get in princess; we don't have all day..." He says. I hesitate for a minute, but get inside the car and Luke walks around, getting into the driver's seat and taking off.

"How did you-?" I ask but he cuts me off.

"You can thank me later, babe. Let's just get you the answers you deserve..."

(Sorry this chapter was a bit short everybody! But look, I updated on Saturday! Granted, it's 11pm but It's still Saturday! Haha. The next chapter will be longer, I promise and more eventful hopefully. There was a lot of dialogue in this one, and not many detailed discriptions, but the next chapter will have it all! Thank you everybody for all the support, it means a lot! Keep up the votes and comments, It really motivates me to write for you guys on time! Love you all! Stay tuned to see some new stories from me soon! Thanks lovelies! Xx)