Chapter 21

The rain poured down heavily as I walked down the street, but I didn't care; all I wanted to do was to leave that house. I cannot believe all of this was kept from me. My father had a kid; one other than me, one that he actually gave a shit about. It all makes sense now; why he was gone so much this year. All the fighting, arguments, and yelling that's been going on between my parents even more than usual, was all because of this.

I come to a stop after quickly walking for about 3 blocks. I lean back on the chain link fence, and dig into my pocket, angrily pulling out my pack of cigarettes. Of course they were all soaked, but I managed to salvage one of them. I put it between my lips and beg the lighter to light it quickly as I protected the weak flame from the rain with my hand as best as I could. After a few tries, the flame finally catches on the end of it and lights it up. I take a deep, long drag as I leaned on the fence and held my head back, closing my eyes before I released the smoke into the air. The rain poured down on my face and yet, I still didn't care. I might have been crying, but I couldn't be sure; my tears blended in with the rain.

"Riley!" I hear a familiar voice call out, running over to me down the sidewalk. I sigh softly, taking another drag as I turned my head and the person came into view. Luke. "Riley." He says again, trying to regain his breath as he stopped next to me.

"If you're going to convince me to go back there, you're fucking insane." I tell him, taking a shorter drag this time and blow it out.

"No..." He breathes. "I'm not going to convince you to do that." He says.

I look him over for a second, before looking away again. "So what do you want?" I ask, taking another drag.

He takes a few moments to answer, like he was thinking about what he was going to say. "I want you." He answers.

My eyes immediately snap to him. I furrow my brows, "Fuck off." I say, blowing the smoke into his face, walking past him.

"Riley..." He says, grabbing my shoulder to stop me.

"I don't know if you think it's funny, or something. But this-" I gesture between us. "This... I don't even know what to call this." I say. "We're sure as hell not together. And- and we may have kissed a few times but it meant nothing... we're nothing. You don't want me, you already 'had me' for longer than you should have." I continue. "So I don't know why you continue to hang around me and joke and tell me that you want me after I just found out all of this shit." I say, taking a deep breath after my ramble.

As if that wasn't enough, Luke had the audacity to grow a smirk onto his lips. "You like me." He says.

"Fuck off." I repeat again, taking a drag.

"You do." He smiles. "You just don't want to admit it."

"What don't you get? Fuck. Off." I say, annoyed, tapping the cigarette with my finger.

To my surprise, Luke takes the cigarette from my fingers and put it into his own, as the rain slowly came to a stop. He brings the cigarette to his lips, taking a drag and stepping closer, his face right in front of mine. He tips my chin up slightly with his fingers as he opens his lips a bit and lets the smoke trail out and I breathe it in. "I don't get what you're waiting for princess, just kiss me." He says softly, his lips ghosting over mine.

My eyes look down from his eyes to his lips, and back a few times. I take a short breath before smashing my lips against his, and I feel him immediately kiss back, cupping his hands on my face after he dropped my cigarette to the floor.

He pulls away slightly; his lips still close enough that I can feel his chilled breath. "I can make you forget about all this, princess.." He whispers softly. "I want too.." He corrects and his teeth tug on his bottom lip. "Do you want me to help you forget?" He asks.