Chapter 11

Luke leads me through the pool of people and to what I could only assume is the living room of this gigantic house. Luke and I walk over to the small crowd of people in a circle, all with  drinks gripped in their hands.

“Luke! What up man?” One of his friends called out to him, as he scooted over to make room for Luke and I in the circle. Luke sits down on one of the couches and I take a seat next to him. I can feel all the people around us with their eyes scanning over me. When I sit down and take a look at the other people in the circle that was formed, I recognized all of them since they all went to our school. All the guys in the circle, including Luke’s friends were dressed casual like he was. And their dates, let’s just say they were showing more skin than I was and I didn’t even think that was possible.

“Well it’s a pleasure seeing you around Riley. My name’s Michael, I don’t think we’ve officially met.” Luke’s colorful haired friend speaks up.

“Yeah, I’m Ashton; but you can just call me Ash sweetheart.” Another speaks up and winks at me. “And this is Calum.” He adds, gesturing over to the dark haired boy in Luke’s group of friends. Their dates just rolled their eyes at me and looked at me from head to toe with judging eyes.

“Hey.” I say awkwardly, feeling a bit uncomfortable as everyone looked at me like I was an alien.

“We didn’t think Luke could get you this fast, well… We didn’t think he could get you at all.” Ash speaks and the rest laugh, including some other guys from our school joining into the circle.

Luke rolls his eyes and pulls me closer to him with his arm still wrapped around my waist. “Well I did, so fuck off.” He says and smirks at his friends before kissing my cheek. I hold back cringing at the foreign feeling of his lips on my skin.  I hear a bunch of ‘oo’s’ from the people around us and I feel heat rise to my cheeks. I was never a fan of PDA, and the fact that it was with someone I wasn’t even with, made it even more embarrassing for me.

“Well, you guys came at the best time, we were just gonna play some Truth or Dare.” Michael says, grabbing a couple of beers for me and Luke, handing them to us. I crack open the cap and take a large gulp of the beer, downing about half of it in a second.

“I like her; she just gets right to it.” Calum chuckles and I smile up at them. “Who wants to start?” He asks, looking around at the group for any volunteers.

“I do, if you guys have room for one more?” I hear an all too familiar voice say from behind Calum. I look up and my eyes meet the same eyes I thought I would never see again and I immediately lost all the breath in my lungs.

Dylan.

“Yeah, totally man. Take a seat.” Calum answers him and scoots over. Great. He just had to pop a squat on the couch directly in front of me. Out of every fucking spot he could have possibly taken, he takes that one. He sits down and leans his elbows on his knees, folding his hands before looking up at me. His eyes narrow ever so slightly as if he wasn’t sure if that was me or not. He grabs a beer before taking a breath, “Riley.” He says and nods at me. “Truth or dare?” He asks, pulling the bottle up to his lips before taking a sip. I look down at the floor and over to Luke, he looks away and I hope to god for his sake that he didn’t bring Dylan here, or else he won't live to see daylight.

“Truth.” I say, keeping my eyes on the floor. I can’t look at him. After all that’s happened I’m not going to give him the satisfaction of having my attention.

“How’ve you been?” He asks, looking directly into my eyes again.

“How the fuck have I been?” I repeat, a bit of annoyance behind my voice. “Fucking fantastic, thanks for asking.” I say sarcastically, taking another swig of the beer before sitting back and crossing my arms. I hear some of Luke's friends chuckle at my answer but I brush it off. I take a deep breath, trying to not let him get to me. Luke rubs my side softly trying to calm me I assume, but strangely it works.  

“I didn’t know, I swear.” Luke leans over slightly and whispers in my ear. I look over at him and he has a sympathetic look on his face. So, he really didn’t bring him here? So what the fuck was he doing here? I thought he was gone, gone for good after everything.

“Okay… so I guess I’ll go...” Ashton say, looking a bit confused by the sudden tension. He dared Michael to chug two beers and he gladly did, and most likely in record time.

I down the rest of my beer and reach for another bottle. I drink about half the bottle shortly after I open it up. It’s Calum’s turn and he asks Dylan. He chooses truth. “Out of all the girls here, honestly, which one would you most want to fuck?” He asks him and some of the other guys laugh. I clench my jaw as I looked anywhere but him. I can’t keep giving him even the slightest bit of my attention.

“Riley.” He answers and the corner of his mouth turns up slightly as my eyes dart to his.

“It’s my fucking turn.” I say coldly and turn to Luke. “Truth or dare?” I ask him and finish off my second beer, feeling the alcohol start to course through my veins.

“Dare.” He answers, smiling confidently.

“Kiss me.” I say, looking into his eyes.

Luke’s eyes widen a bit in surprise. “Uh, you sure babe?” He says, the question more meant for me to hear, rather than his friends.

“I said fucking kiss me babe.” I repeat, stressing the word more than it need to be just as he did.

“Don’t have to ask me twice love.” Luke says, his smirk re-appearing on his face. I barely give any warning before crashing my lips onto his. I hear his friends and some other people who gathered around to watch whistle and make other noises like the idiots they are. He keeps his hands on my waist and hips as my hands tug at his blonde hair for slightly over the 5 seconds we agreed on. I was out of breath as I pulled away and sat back. Everyone was chuckling and had smiles on their faces except for Dylan, which meant mission accomplished for me. I couldn’t help the grin that was plastered on my face when I noticed Dylan’s jaw clenched and he looked at the floor. I take a swig of what is now my third bottle and I lick my lip, stand up before I walk over to Dylan. “Don’t fuck with me.” I whisper in his ear and feel his eyes scan my body as I walk away into the crowd and to the kitchen, to find something a bit more strong than this cheap beer.

After raiding all the cabinets only to find nothing, I walk back over to where Luke and his friends were. I sit back down next to him, closer than I was before, finishing off my third beer and added on to that, finishing a fourth by the time the game was over. “Anyone wanna play a little ‘seven minutes in heaven’?” Michael asks, furrowing his eyebrows as he laughed. All the half-dressed girls around them giggled and nodded. Of course they wanted to play. Sluts.

“What are we, in seventh grade?” I ask, and one of the girls who’s blonde hair was over-bleached by about 10 shades, snarls at me and I just roll my eyes at her.

“Oh c’mon Riley, it could be fun.” Michael starts. “Okay, so whoever the bottle lands on, that’s who’s gonna have to be in a room together.” He says, rather than doing the old fashion picking names out of a hat. Everyone nods and he spins the empty beer bottle in the middle of the light colored hardwood floor. The tip of the bottle lands on Dylan. I close my eyes, praying that it wouldn't land on me.

And it spins,

Please.

And Spins,

Please, don’t fucking be me…

And it slows down until it stops on... Me. Just my fucking luck.