Chapter 23

We've been waiting for this Karen lady to show up for almost 20 minutes now... I knew this would be too good to be true, that I would actually get answers.

"I told you that she wasn't going to show up.." I say to Luke.

"She's gonna show up, trust me... have a little faith Riley." He responds.

I take a deep breath, crossing my arms and leaning back in my chair. A couple minutes later, I hear the bell of the coffee shop door ring, indicating that somebody had walked through. I look up and see the same lady I saw at my house, during the funeral; Karen.

Luke stands up, greeting her. "Thanks for meeting us." He says.

"No problem, hun. Hello Riley, how are you doing today?" She asks, taking a seat with us at the small table.

I don't answer her, and Luke takes the opportunity to speak. "She just really wants some answers. We know that you are the lady who had her dad's kid.." Luke says. "I think you left a little early last night to find that out." He adds.

"Oh.. Uh, Wow.." She stutters out a bit, clearly not expecting me to have found out, or anybody for that matter.

"Yeah, 'wow'." I mimic. "Now can you tell me how fucking long you've been with my father?" I add.

"Um, it was maybe two years?" She says, with not much confidence. "I can't really remember, since nothing was official." She says.

"Official?" I repeat. "He was married. That was the only relationship that was official." I say sternly.

She nods. "I know.. I'm sorry." She says softly.

"Who's idea was it?" I ask. "And who wanted the kid?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Your father and I have always known each other, because he helped me out with a law suit I had filed against my ex-husband. He went to a bar one night, almost two years ago, like I said. I happened to be having a drink with a few of my friends that night, and I saw him all alone... he didn't look very happy, so we invited him to sit with us.." She says. "It's all quite a blur, but something happened... and we were both happy together." She adds.

I shake my head in disbelief. "So what, you guys just kept seeing each other every day?" I ask.

"Well, no, not every day. He came to me only when he was upset with something going on at home, or with work." She says.

"So pretty much everyday then?" I ask again. He was almost always upset with my mother, because she was always drunk and horrible. But now.. she's almost, sort of...not.

She sighs, "Yeah, I guess you can say that; almost every day." She nods.

"You didn't answer my question about the kid." I point out. "How the fuck did that happen? Who wanted it too?" I ask.

"Nobody... nobody wanted it to happen.." She says. "It just did. It definitely wasn't planned." She says.

"So why did you keep it?" I ask, annoyed. "He clearly already had a family, He didn't need another one with some random lady he was having an affair with." I say harshly.

"Riley.." Luke says softly, trying to make me calm my tone.

"What?" I say annoyed. "It's true." I defend.

"No, no.. She's right in a sense.." Karen says. "I couldn't get myself to get rid of it.. It's just not in my morals, dear. And your father.. he wasn't completely mad about the idea. The only think that he was worried about, was how he was going to tell you and your mother.." She says.

"Well clearly, he didn't. He told my mom, but nobody fucking told me." I say.

She sighs again. "When the baby was born, your father kept it from your mother for almost a year. When he told her, they fought a lot more, and he came to me more often than he already did before to help me take care of Tyler. After that, and after Tyler had just turned a year old, he decided to talk everything out with your mother and get a divorce, which you know about." She says.

"Oh, so he could just leave me and take care of his new child." I say. "He didn't give a shit about me anymore."

"That's not true dear..." She says, a look of sympathy on her face. "He did care about you.. a lot. He always talked about how he wished everything was better with your mother so he could have a better relationship with you. He said that all the fighting has pushed you away even more... he didn't know what to do.." She says.

"So he came running to you and got you knocked up so he can have a big happy family, and leave his fucked up one aside." I spit.

She takes a deep breath. "I don't know what more I can say Riley.. Tyler needs me right now, I only hired the sitter for a half hour." She says and stands up. "I would love it if you could come by one day... maybe meet your baby brother?" She suggests, taking out a piece of paper, writing something down on it. "It's my address... if any more questions pop up, just come by anytime." She says, giving the paper to Luke; wise choice, since I would have ripped it up. "He loved you very much Riley.. It was horrible to see him go." She adds, and with that, she leaves the coffee shop.

"Riley.." Luke says softly. "Do you think you would wanna see the kid?" He asks.

"Fuck no." I answer quickly. "I don't wanna see the child that took my father away. I mean, he was going to her house when he crashed, I assume." I add.

"He's still your brother.." He says.

"I don't care." I shrug, standing up. "Can we go now?" I ask, wanting to change this topic.

He sighs and nods, "Yeah." He says and gets up, walking out with me and leading us back to his car, driving me home.

When Luke pulls up to my house, he gets out and walks up to the front door with me, putting his hands in the front pockets of his jeans. "Will you call me later?" He asks.

I shrug, "Maybe." I say.

"C'mon princess, what else do you have to do? You're so fucking boring." He jokes, giving a small grin.

I smile softly and shake my head, "Fuck you." I chuckle.

"Lovvee yoouuu." He laughs, sneakily pecking a kiss onto my cheek before walking back over to his car, and driving away.

I roll my eyes playfully and turn around, opening up my door and walking upstairs to my room. I plop down onto my bed and stare up at the ceiling when it hits me; Did he just say he loves me? I quickly sit up, furrowing my brows;

Luke Hemmings just said he loves me.

(Heyyy guys! Look, it's Saturday and I updated!!! This chapter was a bit short, but I think it was still pretty eventful ;) Just to clear up any confusion, I will update /one/ of my books every Saturday, which is why this fanfic wasn't updated last week. The book that is updated is usually depending on my mood and whichever story I have some good inspiration for. Thank you guys sooo much for all the reads and votes! I'm almost at 10k reads!! THATS INSANE!!! I love you all sooo much! Stay tuned for the next chapter and please check out my other fanfics if you'd like to give your support! Xx)