Chapter 14

Our simple game of Never Have I Ever, evolved into just questioning each other at each turn. I was sat up, my back against his headboard and Luke was in the same position, but situated next to me. "What's your favorite song?" Luke asks, surprising me by his random question.

"Since when do you know anything about music?" I ask him, furrowing my eyebrows slightly.

"I'm in a band princess." He answers, as if I should have known that already, but I sure as hell wasn't buying it. I mean, he looked like he could be in a band. He's got the tight jeans and tank tops for it. But come on...Luke? Really?

"I don't believe that for one minute." I chuckle and he gives me an amused look, challenging my statement.

"Oh really? Then sing me something." I say, chuckling as I wiped my blurry eyes and take another gulp of what is now my third cup. He clears his throat before taking another drink out of his cup and setting it on his end table. He practically trips out of the bed, but stands up semi-straight on the floor, nonetheless.

"Black dress with the tights underneath, I got the breath of her last cigarette on my teeth, And she's an actress, But she ain't got no need. She's got money from her parents in a trust fund back east. Tongues always pressed to your cheeks, While my tongue is on the inside of some other girls teeth, Tell your boyfriend if he says he's got beef, That I'm a vegetarian and I ain't fucking scared of him." He sings a song that may be a little too relevant to our lives, but what was weird is my brain was registering a good sound. He actually sounded good. Not just good, like... really good. Either that or my brain gets really fucked up when I'm drunk.

Luke holds his arms out in the air and mimics crowd roars and cheers. "Huh, what do you say princess? I'm pretty good, aren't I?" He says cockily.

I just giggle and shake my head. "It's a no from me." I say, mimicking the famous Simon Cowell and what he says when he rejects terrible acts on The X Factor.

Luke's laugh seems to brighten up the entire room and manages to brighten my smile as well. "Damn, looks like I'll have to try again next year." He says, pretending to be heartbroken as he snaps his finger to the ground before he hopped back onto the bed and we laugh a little too hard, but I feel happy... For the first time in a long time. It may just be because I am a very happy drunk or it may be just... Luke.

We giggle and laugh for a few more seconds before our eyes both connect and suddenly our smiles fade a bit and I'm instantly sober. We stare into each other's eyes for a few short seconds, as if they both held the biggest secrets of the world in them, before Luke quickly leaned forward and pressed his lips against mine... And I let him.

I don't hesitate a second to kiss him back, it must be the alcohol, it has to be. I mean, I should have learned by now that I don't think rationally in the same room with Luke while alcohol is coursing through my veins. His hands wander down my back and my hands navigate their way to his hair as I tug at it. What was happening? I don't know. All I know is that right now, whatever was happening, felt pretty fucking good. We both pull away for air for a few seconds, our faces still close and eyes not leaving each other's. Luke gives me a look that asks if this is okay. I look into his mesmerizing blue eyes and nod. I see the hint of a smile tug at the corner of his mouth before we both quickly lean in, connecting our lips once more.

In a matter of just a few seconds, Luke was already hovering over me as we lied down on his bed, our lips not leaving each other's. If you told me 2 weeks ago that I would be having a make out session with Luke Hemmings on his bed in his room, I would have told you that you were crazy. And if you told me I actually enjoyed it, I would have admitted you into an insane asylum myself. I find myself forgetting how to breathe and he finds that amusing and smiles against our kiss occasionally. My hands wander to his chest and I pull at the hem of his t-shirt. We break away for a split second, allowing me to pull the t-shirt over his head and throw it on the floor, wasting no time to close the space between us again.

"Luke honey, are you awak- Oh!" I hear and Luke and I immediately jump away from each other, and of course I was the one who fell off the bed and dropped to the floor. I close my eyes and cover my face in my hands, hiding my embarrassment from his mother who was standing in the doorway. I put both hands on the mattress, helping myself back up as I refused to look at Liz at this moment. I sit back down beside Luke, with enough space seperating us.

Luke presses his lips together in a line and runs his fingers through his already messy hair, a hint of a smirk behind his red lips. "I uh- I thought you had a night shift?" Luke speaks, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Well, I took my break, I wanted to check if my house was still in one piece and if you were home asleep. But, clearly you weren't." She says, a bit of surprise, and humor in her tone. I feel her eyes travel to me, "Hello Riley." She says, smiling bright.

I force myself to turn and look at her. I can already tell my cheeks were bright red from what just happened and us getting caught and my stupid, drunk self, falling off the bed. "Hello, Mrs. Hemmings." I answer, and force a smile.

"What happened to 'We're not dating?'" She chuckles.

"We're not... We were just..." Luke starts, but doesn't know how to continue.

"Practicing...?" I try to fill in his sentence, but that only makes his mother crack up into laughter, and I hear Luke trying to hold back his laugh. Why wasn't my mother this fun and happy all the time? Oh that's right, I almost forgot, she has no heart.

"Okay honey, if you say so." She smiles, "I'm going to go back to work, and pretend I didn't see anything, you two have a goodnight." She smiles at the both of us and closes the door. As soon as the door clicks shut, Luke bursts into laughter.

"What?" I say. I can't help but grow a smile on my face resulting from his laugh.

"You fell off the fucking bed." He laughs, and I laugh with him.

"Well what the hell do you expect? I wasn't going to take my time getting off you when your mother was standing right there." I laugh and he shakes his head, smiling.

"What am I going to do with you Riley Harper?" He says.

"You're going to get me some clothes so I can get out this dress and breathe again." I chuckle and he laughs and nods, heading to his dresser.

(I know its a little short, But I'm hoping it was worth it! ;) Please Vote!)