Chapter 19

We finally pull up to the driveway of his massive house and he opens his car door and I struggle a bit to open mine. Luke pulls out his keys from his skinny black jeans and unlocks his front door, closing it after I walk inside. He turns on the light and I assume his mother isn't home considering the house was cold and seemed empty. "C'mon, you need to lie down." He tells me and guides me up his staircase.

My eyes widened and I gasp, "We are flying!" I yell and jump up and down on one of the steps. "How are we flying?!"

I hear Luke's contagious laughter as he grabs my arms and guides me up the stairs. "I don't know, its maaaggiicc." He says, wiggling his fingers to put emphasis on the word.

"Ohhhhhh." I say and nod. "That's why..." I add and Luke just shakes his head and laughs, but I don't see what was funny.

He finally leads me to his room and turns on his light, setting me down on the edge of his bed. "Dam Riley, How much shit exactly did you take?" He asks, crouching down so his face was level with mine as I sat down on his comfy bed that I have been on two, well, now three more times than I should have.

I pinch my index finger and thumb together, leaving a little bit of space between them. "Just a teensy wincey bit." I say and chuckle when he gave me a look, showing he knew I was full of shit. "What?" I say, trying to defend my clearly untruthful words. He gives me another look. "Okay! Fine! Maybe I had a lot." I say and laugh again.

Luke holds me still by gripping both of my upper arms, keeping me in place. "Riley, How much of what did you take?" He asks again. Why is he not laughing? Everything is funny. He's such a party pooper this one.

I shrug. "I wasn't counting... I don't have enough fingers to count everything." I pout. "I'm not an alien Lucas." I answer.

"Don't call me that." He cringes slightly.

"Well Lucas Hemmings..." I emphasize. "You call me princess, and I don't like it." I whine and cross my arms over my chest.

He sighs, "Riley, c'mon... let's get you in the shower. Maybe that'll bring you back to reality..." He says, standing up.

"Are you just saying that so you could see me naked?" I giggle and my cheeks redden.

Luke chuckles and runs his fingers through his hair. "Yes, of course Riley..." He says and shakes his head. "I'll go get you a bathing suit, How about that?" He says and I agree.

He hesitantly leaves me alone in his room as he goes and fishes for a swimsuit most likely in his mother's closet. It probably wasn't a good idea for him to leave me alone. Curiously, I get up and walk over to his dresser, almost tripping over my own two feet and Luke's shoes which he quickly kicked off in the middle of his room. I open up the first drawer of his dresser and pull out different assortments of shirts that he had stored. The amount of rock band t-shirts I found were too much too count. Now I wish I was an alien... all my counting problems will be solved. I toss the shirts behind me after examining them and soon they made a pretty pile of black, grey, and a little bit of white white pieces of cloth.

"Alright... this'll have to do-" Luke says holding up a very colorful two piece swimsuit and freezes as he walks through the door, looking from his pile of t-shirts on the floor and me throwing them there. "What the hell are you doing Riley?" He sighs, but chuckles afterwards.

"Looking to see if you had anything normal... I bet Nash 20 bucks that you didn't have a plain shirt without a rock band, hipster quote, or shoe brand printed on it." I tell him and chuckle. "Looks like I'm getting 20 bucks the next time I see him." I giggle. "You seriously need a clothing intervention or something." I add and laugh.