Chapter 18

"Hey! Long time no see, Riley." Nash calls out, giving his sinister smile as we walked towards each other. He holds and arm out and I walk my boots through the dirt and accept his invite as I wrap one of my arms around him and close the space between us. "How you been babe?" He asks when I pull away.

"Oh, dandy. My father just died and now my mother's taken his role of never being around." I answer sarcastically pretending to be happy as I looking up at him.

"Yeah, I heard something like that. Man, I leave town for a few months and I miss so much shit." He says, running his hands through his short blonde hair.

I sigh, "People are already talking about it?" I ask him. I can't believe people find joy in talking about other people's lives in this city, especially when they talk about things going on in my horrible life.

He nods and puts his hands in the pockets of his dark jeans. "Yeah, but I try not to listen to that shit... Half of it is lies anyways." He tells me.

"Yeah, I wish this one was a lie..." I say softly, and Nash puts his arm around me, leading me down the pathway along the road.

"Don't worry babe, I'm back for a little while, got a shit ton of drugs and drinks ready to be used." He says, smiling down at me.

I smile back. "Now that's what I like to hear." I tell him, as we walk for another minute to an open area rimmed with trees. This was The Cliff; one of the hottest teenage hang out spots in town. Most people hide out here, throw parties and jump off the cliff into the clear water during the summer. There's a bunch of people here. Mostly guys, but a large amount of intoxicated half-dressed girls as well.

After the whole thing with Dylan happened, I spent most of my time here with Nash. Also, The drugs that he got his hands on were the perfect way for me to forget about all the shit in my life. They worked like magic. Pop a couple pills, do a few lines and drink a couple beers and all the pain in my chest seemed to vanish.

That is what tonight it for.

I feel a pain in my chest that is much worse than it was on that day. Thank god Nash texted me, I don't know what I would have done if I was home alone in my room for one more day.

"Now that I have you while you're sober..." Nash starts and I smile slightly at the thought that I will soon be drunk and numb of all pain. "There's more word around here what you and Hemmings got something going on." He smirks and nudges me playfully.

"Yeah, something like that..." I say not sure if I was able to stop this pretend dating thing yet or if Luke still needed me to carry it on a little further. One of Nash's friends, I think his name is Carter, gives me a bottle of beer and I thank him, immediately taking a sip of the chilled liquid.

"He doesn't deserve someone as amazing as you." He tells me.

I scoff and smile softly, "And you do?" I say.

"Hell yeah." He says and we both laugh. "Never happening, is it?" He asks. And I shake my head, chuckling a bit.

Me and Nash had a short hook up session around the time I felt like shit after everything with Dylan. Nash brought me to a party much similar to this one, got us drunk and drugged up, and one thing escalated to another. We both realized shortly after that we would be much better off as friends. Neither of us wanted to fall into a relationship especially not me, so quickly after my heartbreak.

"You never know." I say and nudge him with my elbow like he previously did to me. Nash wasn't the 'dating' type guy. He was more like 95% of the guys in this town. He was more into hook up's rather than settling down with one girl. I didn't mind though. He was one of my only real friends, and I missed having him around, and I'm glad he's back. We never brought up that day again, and honestly now it's so far behind that it feels like it never even happened. It's about time there is a glimmer of happiness shining though in my life , even if it is only for a brief moment.

He pulls me through the bunches of people and up to a small duffle bag. He unzips it and turns it slightly, allowing me to see the contents inside. "Whatever you want, I got." He says smiling. "Take as you please Riley." He says and I search through the large pile pulling out different drugs. I grabbed a couple small packs of MDMA tablets, maybe about 10 tablets all together. I also greedily take a couple packets of cocaine, holding everything out to Nash.

"How much I'll owe you for all of this?" I ask him, knowing it'll cost me quite a bit.

"Don't worry about it. You have enough shit to deal with. You deserve one night." He says and smiles and I hear the being of "I need your love" Start to play loudly.

"Wow, you've upgraded to DJ's at your parties now? Classy Nash, I must say." I say and the music gets louder. Me and Nash both chuckle softly.

"Have fun Riley." Nash tells me and reaches in my back pocket, taking our my phone.

"Hey!" I yell out as he runs into the crowd.

"You'll thank me later babe!" I hear him call out before he sinks away into the crowd and the music takes over. I pop 3 tablets of the ecstasy in my mouth and wash it down with the remaining beer in the bottle. In only less than an hour, I feel like all the tension in my body has been completely released as I dance to the loud beat of the music. Over the last 2 hours, I've been dancing with anyone who was around me who didn't have a reason to oblige. The night sky is covered in stars and the moon is shining bright. The large bonfire in the middle of the large area on the cliff is providing enough warm light to keep me out here even longer. I stopped counting after about 7 tablets and 3 beers. All that matters to me right now is the pounding of the music and dancing all of my cares away.

As I am dancing along with someone I didn't bother to ask the name of, I feel someone's arms snake around my waist. I continue swaying my hips along not caring for once if someone touched me. All of my senses were heightened, and every touch leads to a ping of electricity through my body. I feel the persons arms tighten slightly around my waist and pull me back and away from the crowd. The person turns me around quickly which makes me a bit dizzy, but I'm greeted by a familiar face.

"Luke!" I smile happily and hug him. "You're back!"

He pries my arms away from its grip on his neck and he chuckles. "And you're completely smashed." He says, holding my face close and examining my eyes. He sighs and lets go of my cheeks. "Come on, let me take you home." He tells me and I back away from him, not so happy to see him anymore.

"No. I don't want to go back there."

Luke takes his phone out his back pocket, and checks the time I assume. "Your mom has to be sleeping by now." He tells me.

"No." I say sternly. "I don't want to see her."

He takes a deep breath and runs his fingers through his blonde hair that was messy from the long ride back into town. "Okay, fine. Then you can just come to my place. I have to take you somewhere; away from here." He tells me and I ponder the thought.

"But I want to stay here, it's fun... I'm happy." I pout.

"Yeah, not in about an hour, it won't be much fun anymore." He tells me and I sigh when he holds onto my arm and leads me back to the road and to his car.

"How did you know I was here?" I ask, as we drive down the road and I am amused by the pretty streetlights above as they fly by.

"Your friend uh... Nash, he texted me from your phone." He answers.

"Oh, so that's what he did with it." I say more to myself and Luke smiles softly and shakes his head. "What did he tell you?" I ask.

"He said you are at his little drug party and you took a lot of shit and that I should come to help you out in case you use a little too much." He says and uses his hand to gesture up and down at me. "And clearly you did." He chuckles and turns his head back to focus on the empty road ahead of us.

(Thank you guys for reading and getting me to 2K! It means the world to me, You guys are awesome! Please continue to vote and comment!)