Chapter 13

After 'times up' was called I back away from Dylan and our almost connected lips. I clear my throat and look down, "Uh, I... I'm with Luke" I hesitate to say. I know that Luke and I aren't really dating but I don't know how much longer Luke wants me to keep up this act.

"How did that happen?" He asks, but I couldn't really read his expression. He seemed surprised, but I wouldn't really blame him if he was. Luke and I didn't look like a couple, not even at first glance so I understand his confusion and surprise at my statement.

"It just did..." I say, not knowing how to explain a relationship that wasn't even real.

"I didn't think you were actually with him." Dylan responds.

"What makes you think I'm not with him? I mean, I came with him to this party tonight and I kind of kissed him before." I ask and point out. I thought I was doing a decent job at being a fake girlfriend, but Dylan didn't believe it. I'm hoping everyone else did though.

"Yeah well, I thought you just kissed him to make me jealous." He says and chuckles, scratching the back of his neck, something he did when he was embarrassed.

'I did.' I answer in my mind and just now I realized how wrong it was of me to use Luke just to make Dylan jealous. I mean, technically Luke is just using me to win the stupid bet or whatever with his friends. Also, I don't think Luke minded one bit that I used his lips as revenge and by the look on his face afterwards he was pretty satisfied. "No." I laugh fakley, "No, I am really with him..." I repeat.

I see what almost looks like a frown from Dylan but he just swallows and nods. "Yeah, cool... He's a cool guy. I um, just... be careful. I know Luke." He says, scratching the back of his neck again.

"I will. I mean, I kind of know him too... and I know he's been with a lot of girls, but I'm not stupid." I justify. I could tell he didn't like the idea of Luke and I, but to be honest it isn't his business, fake relationship or not.

Dylan simply nods. "I just don't want you to get hurt." He says softly, looking down into my eyes. I repeadlidly reminded myself that I hated him. I hated him.

"Oh the irony in that one." I say and sigh. "I'm fine... Okay? I'll see you around." I say, giving him one last look before walking out the door and back downstairs.

I swim through the crowd of people and find Luke in the kitchen, talking with some people I didn't know. "Uh, hey." I say, standing next to him.

"Hey." Luke answers, dismissing his friend. "What happened?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowing.

"What isn't wrong in my life?" I retort and look down; taking a deep breath trying to clear my head but the loud music only crushes that hope that I will get peace.

"Come." Luke says, grabbing my hand and leading me back into the crowd. Before I know it, I feel cold breeze and realize we are outside. I shiver and stumble slightly, a little tipsy from the drinks I had tonight, but thankfully I wasn't drunk. Luke opens up the back door of his car and grabs a jacket from the back seat, closing the door, and putting the jacket around my shoulders.

"Thanks." I say and he opens the passenger door for me before walking over to his side and starting the car, turning on the heat in the process. "Can we um... Can you take me to yours, if that's okay?" I ask hesitantly. "I really don't want to go back home right now." I add and he nods.

"I was going to take you there anyways." He answers and smiles softly, starting to drive. I open up the glove compartment, where I had put my cigarettes in before we got here, and open up the pack, taking out one and lighting it. I open up the window so let the smoke out so I wouldn't torture Luke. I take a long drag, facing the window and close my eyes. I feel the wonderful breeze contrast with the heat from the car. I let out the smoke and it fades away out the window. I take another drag, closing my eyes this time, glad I finally got a bit of silence. "You know, you really shouldn't smoke." Luke says, glancing over at me.