Thirteen | 十三

Thirteen

"We're back!" [Name] and Tooru announced as she pushed the door open. A woman with long brunette hair walked down the hallway with a wide smile. A smile spread across [Name]'s face when she realized who she was.

"Kairi-kasan!" She gleamed as they pulled into a tight hug. She could smell the soft perfume the older female was wearing. Kairi wrapped her arms tightly around [Name], nuzzling her head against her hair just like her son did. Tooru let out a soft chuckle as he removed his shoes.

"Mom, you're going to suffocate her." He laughed.

"[Nickname]-chan! I missed you terribly!" Kairi exclaimed. She cupped [Name]'s cheeks once they pulled away. "Oh! Look at how much you grew! You're so beautiful now! Right, otosan?" She turned to ask her husband, who appeared behind her.

"Takeru-tosan!" [Name] beamed when she saw Tooru's father. He smiled at her, reminding her of Tooru's charming smile. His chocolate brown eyes, the ones Tooru inherited, shone behind his thin framed glasses. Definitely, Tooru inherited his height from his father too.

"How have you been, [Name]?" He asked. He was rather quiet compared to his wife, Kairi. But he was just as kind and caring.

"I've been good. I haven't seen you both in such a long time!" [Name] smiled at him, earning a pat on her shoulder.

"[Name]-chan? You're home! Where's Tooru-kun?" Her mom came out to the hallway where the four had their little reunion. Her eyes lit up when she saw the tall male, who in her memory was just a young growing boy. She raised her arms and pulled him into a hug, which he gladly obliged to. "Tooru-kun! You look so handsome! It's been so long since I've set my eyes on you and you grew so much!" She patted the male on his arms.

"Thank you, [Mother's Name]-kasan." Tooru smiled as they pulled away.

"Oh! Tooru-kun! It's been a while!" [Name]'s father made his appearance. He put his hand out and gave Tooru a firm handshake. "Come on, let's all head on inside."

With that, everyone agreed and moved into the living room. As they made their way to the living room, [Name] could smell her favorite dish all the way from the dining room. "I cooked [Name]'s favorite today, just like I used to when you both were younger." Her mom winked at both the teenagers, who were quiet hungry after a long day at school. "Go take a quick shower and we'll start our dinner."

They both nodded enthusiastically before doing as they were told. [Name] took her shower in the bathroom upstairs while Tooru occupied the bathroom downstairs. He had brought extra clothes with him and a towel.

[Name] changed into a [Favorite Color] T-shirt along with some shorts after her satisfying shower. She walked downstairs to find Tooru, fresh out of the showers, drying his hair with his towel. They headed to the living room together, where their parents were catching up with each other.

"When did you return from Tokyo? We missed you so much since you moved to the city..." Kairi pouted upon remembering their sudden decision to move without notifying anyone.

"It was about a year ago, actually." [Mother's Name] admitted.

"We couldn't contact you." [Father's Name] explained. "You moved and changed your number too."

"I tried to tell you that we had moved and were changing out number too but it seemed that you had changed your number after moving to Tokyo, so I couldn't notify you." Takeru shook his head.

"Well, I guess in the end, we just moved and changed our numbers at wrong times." Tooru said.

"But we managed to find each other again, so that's a good ending I would say." Kairi smiled. "Alright, we should probably start with our dinner. I bet these two are starving." She winked at her son as well as [Name] who both nodded.